PDA

View Full Version : checkout_shipping_address.php list states in separate boxes

where_s_gary
10-05-2005, 01:07 PM
When i go to checkout and select change address on the delivery information page. I get taken to the checkout_shipping_address.php.

It allows you to select previously added shipping addresses as well as adding a new Shipping address. On the add new shipping address segment, the States drop down list has an error where it lists every state in its own drop down. so the
first drop down has : ALABAMA.
second drop down has: ALABAMA, ALASKA,
third drop down has: ALABAMA, ALASKA, AMERICAN SAMOA
fourth drop down has: ALABAMA, ALASKA, AMERICAN SAMOA, etc.....
the fifth drop down has all the states and the only one that is actually passed as the argument.

Anyone else have this problem?

Gary

humanode
10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Yep, I'm experiencing it also. I can't offer a solution to the problem "at the moment" but I am investigating. I'm hoping there is a post buried in here somewhere that will help resolve it.

At first I thought I had botched some code, so I looked at the source. It gave me a little solace to find the code was "elegantly" botched, so it couldn't have been me ;).

I decided to look in the forums, tried a few searches... not much there. On a whim I keyed in the word "Alabama" and guess whose post came up.

I'll tell ya what I'll do, I'll keep plugging away at a solution, when I find it I'll let you know, if you find it first please post the fix, it's inevitable that someone will be looking for it in the near future.

In the meantime, hang in there and good luck!

humanode
10-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeehaw, I found the fix!
http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=85

Just a little bit of digging. I installed it and it works like a charm.

However, something tells me you had already found it since your post was a bit old, if not enjoy.

I guess anybody looking for a fix for anything oscMAX should check the Bugtraq first. Duh... I hate things being obvious after the fact. :)

My thanks to michael_S