PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE: File Locations

adamr415
08-23-2005, 05:58 PM
So i did try searching for info on this but couldn;t find it. I am very familiar with php and am comfortable editing source code, but I cant find where the code is I need.

First is the code for the homepage. Where is the greeting text saved? I want to add some custom stuff there but only see a place in the backend to edit it.

Where is the product info html? I want to make some slight variations on it and don't see where the code is.

I guess this goes for a lot of the content of OSCMAX. Is there some hidden place for it? I searched the main catalog directory, includes, languages, all of that.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

ganast
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
almost every page has a template portion tucked away in:

templates/fallback/content/

you can add a content directory to any template, and if that template is being used, any template files found there will be used, if a certain template file is not found in a specific template's content directory, the one in fallback will be used.

The file you are looking for is here:

includes/languages/english/mainpage.php

However you will probably want to create a completely new file I presume... in this case you will want to change the following line in:

templates/{template_you_are_using or fallback}/content/index_default.tpl.php

line (25):

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

here you will have to either simply replace FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE with my_main_page.php (presuming you put it in the same directory as mainpage.php) or you should actually probably define your new page's name in:

includes/filenames.php

--gabe