PDA

View Full Version : HELP! MAKING NEW PAGE.

Thang422
08-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi, I'm having problems with making a new page... I made a new Box with a Link. I used the shipping.php for the new page everything is fine except I can't change the content of it ... If however i change the content in admin of Shipping_content.php. My new page and the Shipping page has the same content. Been searching but can't find anything regarding this please help ! thank you much

michael_s
08-16-2005, 07:09 PM
http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=AddingStaticContent

Thang422
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Yes i have Veiw this... This is where i know how to make my boxes and links... But the COntent of the boxes only chage in the admin panel if i chagne it there

jpf
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
That is because it calls a varaiable that is the shipping contents

$content = CONTENT_SHIPPING;

You could put
$content = 'Put your HTML stuff here - just remember to escape your plural "s" like "/'s" ';

or the proper way
- add a define in filenames.php (copy and change the shipping ones)
define('CONTENT_SHIPPING', 'shipping');
define('FILENAME_SHIPPING', CONTENT_SHIPPING . '.php');
change all 'shipping' to 'yournewboxname'
- copy the shipping.php and shipping_contents.php and shipping.tpl.php - change 'shipping' in to 'yournewboxname' in both the catalog and in the language directories
- in one of the above files change '$content = CONTENT_SHIPPING;' to '$content = CONTENT_YOURNEWBOXNAME;

I think that is MOST of it but I may have missed a bit of info - but would be close to final....Don't have 2 or so hours to write it all up and check it.

Thang422
08-16-2005, 07:13 PM
How do i Add it to the admin control so i can change it with the fckeditor. Im new at this please help with step by step

jpf
08-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Hoh - I see Micheal already did..... Yep that would work...BUT you must follow it ALL the way though.....

Thang422
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
please vist my site Purvali.com and check out the box secure and reseller and the shipping& return link... they all have the same content this is what i am talking about ..

kwiznoz
08-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Following the above "add static pages" instructions will NOT work with OSMax2. All it will do is create another shipping.php with your "testpage".php name (with the old shipping content).

Even after properly editing the page details and following instructions it will still call the old content of the shipping file. There is no instruction on how to deal with the $content_template = TEMPLATENAME_SHIPPING; file.

If changed above to TEMPLATENAME_TESTING; this is result of following current instructions:
Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/templates/HTML/main_page.tpl.php(25) : eval()'d code on line 1

Even after editing copy shipping.tpl.php to testing.tpl.php, and changing references in it, it still does not work...

Perhaps someone may want to edit that instruction set or post it here how to change that content, step by step...

-------------------------------

Jay

If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake. ~F. Wikzek

alexGreenberg
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I have tried this as well with no luck, does anyone know how to do this using the newest version? It is not as easy to get answers on this messageboard as it is on the Oscommerce forums? If I am looking in the wrong place, please forgive. Thank you everyone. Alex.

alexGreenberg
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I think I found it. Read this information here: http://www.oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5292&high light=create+additional+pages

jpf
08-24-2005, 06:02 AM
I have tried this as well with no luck, does anyone know how to do this using the newest version? It is not as easy to get answers on this messageboard as it is on the Oscommerce forums? If I am looking in the wrong place, please forgive. Thank you everyone. Alex.

Is not as eazy? - cause there is fewer people here... But remember we don't bash you over the head when you speak your mind.....(I got a few lump still from that OTHER forum).

You don't get "RTFM" responces or "that has been answered already - do a search" here....unlike the OTHER forum. AND they don't help with in ANY way with OSC that have alot of contrib like MAX. Instead they *bleep* you out, delete your posting or ban you.... (they lost one of there own head delvelopers cause of this). They are not very flexable... BUT WE ARE.... as long as you keep it PG rated and not too much self-promotion.....(buy a banner - it's better anyway).

If you use the OTHER forum - DO NOT mention osCMax or osCDox else your posting will be deleted or *bleep*ed out. Instead mention the contribution or file your having problem with - mention you have alot of contributions....

Good Luck.

badadz
10-20-2005, 06:27 AM
did any one solve this problem i am going threw the same situation at the moment...