PDA

View Full Version : Adding Boxes to pages OUTSIDE oscmax

rjavery
08-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I would like to be able to add some of the info boxes (for instance the new products and specials) to pages outside of oscmax. Is there a guide available for this? I have looked for quite a while but cannot find anything - sorry if I am being dense.

beahawk
08-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I don't think there is any guide. It would be a matter of finding the code you need and putting it in your external website. column left, column right etc...... I think!

rjavery
08-02-2005, 06:58 AM
I don't think there is any guide. It would be a matter of finding the code you need and putting it in your external website. column left, column right etc...... I think!

Thanks again beahawk for you time - appreciate it!

I thought from a simple html page I would struggle to get the PHP and basic osc structures loaded. I assumed you would need to load some sort of 'basic osc environment' first. Maybe I am overcomplicating things in my mind - I will take a look tonight!

[PS Thanks to whoever moved my post]

beahawk
08-02-2005, 07:25 AM
I suppose it depends on if you want the box to look the same or update dynamically as you add new products/content. To look the same you could copy the definitions for the infobox in the stylesheet and box width/ height and gather the other necessary information to build your box. It also depends on which menu you are using - DHTML etc.

To update with your osc website You will need to communicate with your store's DB and then supply the appropriate SQL query or parse the result via XML......not for the faint-hearted!

Save your files first and good luck!

jpf
08-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Would it not be easier to add HTML boxes into MAX than the other way around. With the BTS you can edit it with ANY HTML editor like Dreamweaver etc...