PDA

View Full Version : Cust Account Creation - no refresh on country select

rjavery
08-01-2005, 04:01 PM
OK I have been lurking for quite some while and quietly installing and configuring my site (http://www.kidEstore.co.uk/) and am really pleased with the way things are panning out - excellent software THANKS.

However I do have a couple of issues (I will open separate threads).

I have installed the UK counties contribution and through admin I can see the new UK zones correctly listed against United Kingdom. However on stepping throught the customer account creation screen I select Country : United Kingdon and the screen does not refresha dn I am left just with the US states too select my zone from.

I have searched both here and on oscommerce but can't find an answer (unlike the 132 other issues I have hit).

Anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?

Richard Avery

Drat : First mistake - this should have been an OSCMax V2 question!

beahawk
08-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Firstly I would move country above the regional zone. I would sugget a simple soloution to your problem: remove the UK zones drop down menu and just have a text field for the county/region etc. You would hen have

Address line 1: **text entry**
Address line 2: **text entry**
Town/City: **text entry**
County: **text entry**
Post Code: **post code entry**

This will work fin, look proffessional and be a lot easier to impliment. Hope this helps.

rjavery
08-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Firstly I would move country above the regional zone. I would sugget a simple soloution to your problem: remove the UK zones drop down menu and just have a text field for the county/region etc. You would hen have

Address line 1: **text entry**
Address line 2: **text entry**
Town/City: **text entry**
County: **text entry**
Post Code: **post code entry**

This will work fin, look proffessional and be a lot easier to impliment. Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It just seems a shame that with all of the Zones loaded I cannot use them to validate my customers input.

I will probably go and make the changes you suggest this evening - might just poke around the code frst though!

beahawk
08-02-2005, 06:57 AM
OK, if you solve your problem remeber to post it on here. Good luck!

rjavery
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
OK, if you solve your problem remeber to post it on here. Good luck!

OK this http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=88987 Country-State support thread helped. I still do not know why the form does not refresh on selecting a new country but I think it is to do with the function "form_refresh" not being in the generated source for the account creation page.

Anyway a simple solution to my problem was to change the DEFAULT_COUNTRY to 222 from 223 in catalog/includes/languages/english.php.

I guess the problem still exists (and I will come back to it) but for most (all?) of my customers it will not be apparent as they start from UK with a valid state list.

Thanks all

battleaxe
10-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Hi
There is an answer to this..it has been a bug for a long time.. I will report it to bugfixes for the final v2Gold in a moment, but the answer is add the fiollowing code to your main_page.tpl.php file in the <head> section

<php>

cheers
Kim

battleaxe
10-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Oops, forgot to give you the code, sorry, here it is

<php>