PDA

View Full Version : paypal HELP

Thang422
07-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Can someone help me with setting up the paypal IPN in the admin of 2.0max I dont know what private public keys are etc... the bottom few option of the paypal set up.

thank you ahead

prs444
07-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Thang,
I'm not going to be much help here because I'm still struggling with the same problem, but maybe we can get a moderator to walk us through setting up the PayPal IPN feature, I'm sure they can explain it more clearly than I will!
I'll tell you what I've figured out so far.
I have been fooling around on the PayPal site and I signed up as a developer. That way I could gain access to the PayPal sandbox, so I could work through setting up and testing the IPN feature. By using the sandbox feature you can download test certificates to test your site before you go live to be sure everything is setup correctly. I have gotten the test cert_key_pem.txt from PayPal but from reading PayPal's Sandbox user guide it appears I have to convert the file somehow. From the User Guide -"You must convert the PEM file to PKCS12 format using a tool such as OpenSSL" so now I'm back to being lost again. I'll have to do more reading. I thought once I downloaded the Key & Certificate File from PayPal, it was just a matter of separating the Private Key part of the file and the Public Certificate part of the file into 2 different files in 2 different Directories, then adding the directory path into the correct form entry in the PayPal IPN Payment Module. I believe you also have to download the PayPal Public Certificate & Your PayPal Public Certificate ID which is the Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile. Then file those files in separate directories and add the paths to the IPN module form.

That's all I have so far. If anybody can walk us through once, it will be a big help to all the newbies!
Thanks in advance,

uli_nyc
10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
See the following tutorial on how to set up PayPal IPN with osCMax v2.0 RC2:

http://www.oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=PaypalIpnOscmax

Good luck.
Uli Iserloh