PDA

View Full Version : ERROR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE

stevemitch2
07-13-2005, 02:14 PM
why does this error come up even though the following files sre now set to 777 permissions??

define_conditions.php 8 k 777
define_language.php 7 k 777
define_mainpage.php 8 k 777
define_privacy.php 8 k 777
define_shipping.php 8 k 777
domain_info.php

any ideas

(ps: must be at least 6th problem i've come across with max v2 so far, with very little support here compared to oscommerce)

Almost worthwhile thinking about going BACK to straightforward oscommerce!!)

pw_cynic
07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
can you be more specific about the error you're recieving? what page are you trying to access for example?

JohnW
07-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind that Max 2.0 is release canidate 1 and bugs are being worked out. It's not a final version. You can also check the bug tracker when you run into bugs.

stevemitch2
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM
this error was while trying to change the mainpage content in admin

thanks

ps: looking for someone to design and add more contributions to a new website and overcome the bugs in v2, do you know anyone to design and implement sharp, proferssional website??

Is this place any good do you think;

www.rentacoder.com
?

Thanks

JohnW
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Have you modified anything yourslef, because all of my define pages ar working flawlessly in Max2. In regards to some of the known bugs, if you work on your design and database first it's my understanding that you will just be able to write over the other files when the bugs are taken care of. The bugs are being worked on and you can see where the progress is with the bug tracker link in the upper left box.

Rent a Coder is a very interesting concept and I read some positive comments in a WSJ article. Keep us posted on your experience with them.