PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting tax problems!

sarahjessica
07-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi all!
I have spent hours at this and read a zillion posts and I'm ready to pull my hair out! (OK maybe not a zillion but close!!)

I was using the standard OS Commerce and taxes worked fine. I charge tax only in New York State. I decided to give the latest version of OSMax a try. I have set up the taxes identically to my OS Commerce store. NO charge is taxed to anyone.

The only difference between my OSC store and Max store create_account.php and Info_Order_Process.php files is the Country-State Selector. It would appear that somehow the zone is not being captured correctly upon checkout. I know this was an issue in a previous version of C-S but I can't figure out where it's breaking now!

Just for giggles, I reinstalled another fresh copy of Max and did nothing to the tax zones/classes/rates. It should charge a 5% demo tax to US customers the way its set. Nope... nothing.

Any help would be appreciated!

michael_s
07-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Fixed:
http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=29

sarahjessica
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Michael -
Thanks!!

You are just awesome!
I know I don't speak for just myself when I say a HUGE thank you for all the time and effort you and the other developers put into this. It is truly appreciated :)

coeus
07-20-2005, 03:35 PM
One more problem. When setting "Display Prices with Tax" is set to TRUE the prices on the product info and listing don't include the tax.

UPDATE:

NEVERMIND: IT was a configuration error, sorry for the false alarm.

hurst
07-23-2005, 03:22 AM
This too happened to me, then the prices with tax suddenly started working, now they're gone again. What was your config problem, maybe it can shed some light on my own troubles?

:)

kelly34
08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi,

I also have the same problem after using the bug fix. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I have changed admin/configuration/my store settings to "Display prices with tax" but it still doesn't display tax on front end.

Regards

rjavery
08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I also have the same problem after using the bug fix. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I have changed admin/configuration/my store settings to "Display prices with tax" but it still doesn't display tax on front end.

Regards

Bugtrack is my new friend! See http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=36 for the fix. Review all of the bugs, there are some good fixes available.