PDA

View Full Version : zones not importing - strange error

Rodland
03-08-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm trying to copy and paste some of the world zone contributions sql files from bbedit into the zones table in phpMyAdmin. But I keep getting this message:

Database catalog running on localhost

Error

SQL-query*:*

INSERT INTO zones
VALUES ( 1, 223, 'AL', 'Alabama' )

MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Back

It doesn't matter which zones I copy and paste - after a certain amount I keep getting an error which is similar, with or without Alabama!

Is there a limit to the amount of zones I can have in the zones table or something?

michael_s
03-08-2003, 01:44 PM
You have to empty the table first. You cant have 2 records with the same number...

Rodland
03-09-2003, 04:31 AM
I did empty the table first then under the sql tab simply copied and pasted the national zones that I wanted to use which I downloaded from the zones contributions list. I was able to do this fine for all the zones (usa,uk,australiam mexico, etc.) except for Canada, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. When you say that I can't have two records with the same number (i.e 1 in VALUES ( 1, 223, 'AL', 'Alabama' ) ) should I check to see if this number is used in the zones of Canada, Switzerland, Austria and/or Germany and simply change this to a number of my choice of number (not used by any of the other world zones)? If so what mistakes should I be careful of not doing?