PDA

View Full Version : Probably a common question...Production Release?

gamefreak7
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
This question is probably a nominee for either a Newbie jab or a Sticky for others, hopefully the later...

Do we have a rough idea of a target date for a Production Release of 2.0 Oscmax?

Also, if we download the non-production release and start populating it, is it a pretty easy transition to upgrade to production release.

Thanks Mike & contributors,

Paul

michael_s
07-07-2005, 01:17 PM
No target date for 2.0 final. We are using this RC period to stamp out as many bugs as possible before giving the green light on it. The amount of bugs reported has been small, and none have been showstoppers as of yet, so with any luck it will be sooner than later.

There will be a bugfix package that contains all the modified files that you will simply patch your store with. Should be very easy, but I do not recommend doing any heavy mods to the RC release, as the patches may break any mods you add.

gamefreak7
07-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks Mike, hope to see Osmax in Fantastico one day!

Paul

smbpbx
07-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Thanks Mike, hope to see Osmax in Fantastico one day!

Paul

Paul:

What is Fantastico? What woudl oscMax would have to do to get into Fanatastico?

Thanks.

gamefreak7
07-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Fantastico is an autoinstaller program for cpanel for those who have their own servers or dedicated servers (and some resellers provide them as a feature to their service).

Summary: Quick installation of programs such as Oscmax by clicking a button and it installs it on the server for quick setup of websites, bulletin boards, etc.

Not sure if Oscmax will make it in there (fingers crossed though) and I have pegged the Netenberg people with email about it...

http://www.netenberg.com/fantastico.php

Paul

allwebnow
12-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Any Progress on this with fantastico adding oscmax?
Also, if this did go through, is oscmax going to offer a paid version where there are no advertisements in the backend or on the default template like that of cubecart?

michael_s
12-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Regarding fantastico, I really have not explored this option yet.

As for a paid version, no there are no plans for this yet, but it is something to consider.

allwebnow
12-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the quick response Michael. Just to let you know, I think oscmax is the best loaded oscommerce package software out there. Keep up the good work!

michael_s
12-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the compliment! osCMax soon to be better than ever :)

jpf
12-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Considering Micheal has been the MAJOR backer of this site and the osCMax softwear and the VERY little "ADVERTIZING" in the admin panel....as comparied to many other "commeralized" s/w that release a 'free' very basic (but with limited features - heavy "must upgrade to use this feature" and much advertizing w/ forced banner/frame on the customer side or a footer with "ecommerce by XXXX company" w/link etc...) version......

I think Micheal must be congradulated for doing so much "pro-bono"!!!!

If you want a comerical version - with support - THERE IS!!!! Try AABOX hosting - comes with website hosting and OSCMAX installed for free!
Best of all ... personal support from the people that created OSCMAX in the first place! ;)

Just move all your client to AABOX..... :P

Sorry - just have to give a poke.....

As for Fantastico...I knew of ONE other hosting company that "replaced" osC with our Max version in there Fantastico offering. - Don't ask me who as I can't remember and was not posted on this site anywhere.... Came up in Google search quite a while ago when I was surfing to see how many sites was osCMax'ed...