PDA

View Full Version : How can I change the default logo on the top, and the scroll

Redeye_Joe
06-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Anyone know where I can change the main logo that is at the top of each page and also how to change the mouse over popup phrase that comes up. Also I would like to change the Message that shows up at the top of My internet explorer box screen, that says osMax v2.0 : Welcome to AAbox.com's MS2-MAX - Microsoft Internet Explorer
Thanks for you help
Doug

Sander
06-21-2005, 02:19 AM
here are some tutorials to get you started
http://www.oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=Mod%20Guide%20Chapter%203%20Practice%20Exerc ises

nemail
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Alternatively, find what you want here:
For changing image references and mouseover text:
line 83 in
catalog/templates/aabox/main_page.tpl.php
Don't forget you should change line 93 too!

and for changing the title:
line 38 in:
catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

N.B. A quick way for you to change the images would be to upload your replacement images to the catalog/images directory on your server, but to keep the names identical to the ones they're replacing, then they'll automatically appear without you having to do too much messing about. Remember, particularly in Internet Explorer, that it may still have cached your previous image, so in order to see the change, you may need to refresh the page, or empty your browser's cache. Also, if you keep image dimensions the same as the originals you are unlikely to have any formatting problems.

Good luck!

Redeye_Joe
06-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am not as new to all this as it sounds from my questions, I have been using oscommerce for quite some time, but I just forgot where I found this before, and figured it would be quicker to ask than to search, thanks for your answers,
Doug

Redeye_Joe
06-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I changed the title in the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php but it still shows osCMax v2.0 in front of it, where can I get rid of this or change it?
thanks again,
Doug

nemail
06-22-2005, 12:05 AM
line 48 in:
catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Redeye_Joe
06-22-2005, 06:00 PM
:) thanks Nemail
Doug