PDA

View Full Version : UPS rates refuse to show :(

carrja99
12-20-2004, 07:06 AM
This is kinda bugging me out because it's the only thing holding back finishing this site off for a client.

For some odd reason, I cannot for the life of me get UPS rates to work at all, it appears the module comes broken out of the box. I've configured it the exact same way as I have in other oscommerce cart installs, :(

The error message I get is:
An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.
Missing ConsigneeCountry
If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Any ideas?

Thanks

carrja99
12-21-2004, 10:40 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! I have worked tirelessly on getting this damn thing to work, reinstalled oscomm max 4 times, it appears the damn thing is broken out of the box.

ANYONE KNOW WHY!??!!?!?!? PLEASE, this is WAY overdue because of this damn problem and I'd rather use osC Max as I don't want to hack up and hand install about 20 contributions my client wants.

michael_s
12-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Such drama!

It is not broken, and on any default install it works fine for me. You can see it working at http://demo.oscmax.com, which is a default oscmax installation.

All I have to do to get it to work is turn it on in the admin and set a sort order. It instantly starts quoting shipping prices for ups. Do you have all your address info specified? Have you selected the correct services and such? How about just setting it up for UPS ground and going from there.

slingshot
01-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi Michael

Q1: Does this mean that I do not need to load any UPS tarriffs into the system?

Q2: How does the module keep uptodate with price increases, because I am told by the local UPS branch that there is and increase in Feb 2005.

Q3: Do I need to load zone rates info?

Our clients store will be shipping from Richards Bay, South Africa.

Great resource, this osCDox

Thanks

Sean

slingshot
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Help! I am getting this error message when I try to checkout . .

United Parcel Service
An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.
Invalid ShipperPostalCode
If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Zone Rates
No shipping available to the selected country

We are shipping from Richards Bay, 3900, South Africa

Thanks, Sean

michael_s
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
If you are getting an error, then you either have something set up wrong or you need to do something different beacuse of your location.

All I ever have to do is turn on the mod and it works fine.

Invalid ShipperPostalCode means your postal code is not recognized by UPS. You may want to contact UPS for help.

slingshot
01-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks - it seems that they do not support this system in South Africa. No wonder people wonder if there are Lions and Elephants roaming through the streets.

cheers

Sean

michael_s
01-28-2005, 05:32 AM
You mean there aren't? ;)

slingshot
01-28-2005, 06:04 AM
lol - just for interest sake: every time I view a post now, I get a file trying to run called : "james_kirk.wav"

Is this a signature or a virus?

Sean

michael_s
01-28-2005, 06:24 AM
It means you have unread PM's in your inbox. Your browser does not seem to support inline wav files. If it did, you would here 'Youv'e got mail' over your speakers... Read your PM's and it will stop...