PDA

View Full Version : osCommerce MS2Max from scratch - Urgent help needed!

pram0310
10-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi all

I had created an osCommerce site from a pre-installed library on my hosting account and then placed the oscMax changes on top of it. The person I sold it to wants to host the site elsewhere and his host does not provide osCommerce. Has anyone installed osCommerce from scratch. Currently I don't have to worry about things like securing the site etc, because all that is handled in a single click in my hosting account.

Am I making sense at all? Pls help! I'm thinking I might need to refund the money if I can't get a hosting plan which comes with readily installable osCommerce, unless I hear from someone here that it's relatively easy to do. All you knowledgable people out there, gimme a pointer.

thanks!!!

fridgemags
10-21-2004, 12:40 PM
you can use ms2-max even if not provided by your hostinbg company.

The host must mett minimum requirements of being able to run php and
allow setting up an my sql database.

You must first create a database using phpadmin anor other method and then copy
all ms2-max files to the host. you would then point your browser to the site install directory.

example www.yourdomain.com/install/

The install program will then launch and you will be able to configure from there.

The install is pretty self explanatory once you get the script launched.

hope this helps.

pjcwik
10-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Fridgemags is right.

1) Create a database on new host site.
2) FTP the CATALOG directory from old host to new host or to your machine
3) If you FTP'd the Catalog directory to your machine, FTP it to the new host
4) In your browser go to www.newhost.com/catalog/install/install.php
5) Follow the prompts for the database population
6) A new SSL certificate might be needed or may be provided by the new host. I like FREESSL.COM.
7) Collect a nice fee from client for this gruelling work.

pram0310
12-02-2004, 06:22 AM
I'm terribly late doing this, but thanks you guys :) Your input was very helpful.

pram0310