PDA

View Full Version : Manufacture Info & "enlarge" image problem

fateimport
10-20-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm new at the MS2-MAX scene and have two questions that have been bugging me for a while and hope to get some advice/guidance. I tried searching for the answer, but had no luck.

1. I can't seem to find out why my manufacture image in the "Manufacture Info" box section isn't being resized to fit in the right side column. That manufacture images resize to the specs I have in the Configurations>Image section of admin, but not for the Manufacture Info box. Any clue? Cause I have none.

2. How come when I click on the "click here to enlarge" for my product images nothing appears?

Please heeeeeeelp me,
fateimport

groggory
10-21-2004, 03:35 PM
For the enlarge problem, you might not be uploading large images. If so it might figure it doesn't need a popup.

Just a note though, read up on MoPics (there's a sticky on the page right now). It is a really really great image handler.

fateimport
10-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I tried re-inputting some of the product images as .gif in the admin "product image", and uploading the .gif file in the "thumbs" folder and _big.jpg version in the "image big" folder, but nothing changed. Still can't get the image to enlarge. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Followed the forum instructions "mopics" in the sticky section, but no luck. *sigh* What now?

groggory
10-23-2004, 08:38 AM
I posted near the end of that tutorial the fix I had to do. Apparently when PHP 4.3.8 came out, it broke some of the code in mopics. There is a way around it, I detailed it in one of my posts near the end of that thread. Read again. Basically the mopics file structure is broken.

fateimport
11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
groggory,

Is this the "fix" you were talking about for the "enlarge images" problem?

"I finally got mo-pics to work but I couldn't get the directory structure to work (thumbs directory). So here's my findings....

remove both paths to the directory structure in the mopics control panel
set thumbnails to .gif
set large images to .jpg

upload your images into your images directory as follows

sample.gif - primary thumbnail
sample.jpg - primary big pic
sample_pic1.gif - 1st mopic thumbnail
sample_pic1.jpg - 1st mopic big pic "

What do you mean when you said, "remove both paths to the directory structure in the mopics control panel?" So when it comes to images are you saying that I just need to put the pics in the main "image" folder with the proper extensions (like your examples above)? I'm all confused *sigh*. I don't get it.