PDA

View Full Version : osCmax Forum Issues

thowden
11-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Hi

Not sure where else to post this but I was trying to post a reply and realised that the menu controls for editing had disappeared. Yes, I have a browser issue, just not sure what the issue is.

Internet Exploder (oops! that must be a typo, explorer) is working ok.

But Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111 m is missing the toolbar altogether

while Firefox 33.0 has a limited toolbar

So I guess I have to use IE, but why is it so ?

ridexbuilder
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I mentioned a few weeks back about the formatting issues that I was having. The editor formatting icons are gone for me too, in Firefox. Unfortunately, it's only Michael_S that fix this (AFAIK) and it's a bit of a pain to see my replies getting screwed up. At least I now know I'm not the only one and an email to The Boss may be in order.

michael_s
11-10-2014, 08:24 PM
I am looking into this now. I have been making a lot of back end changes to oscmax.com over the last few weeks, mainly focused on curbing the spammers. While that finally appears to be paying off, I suspect that one of my many changes may be causing the problems you are seeing. I am going through each of the changes to see if any of them are the culprit. Thanks for being patient!

ridexbuilder
11-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Quick reply! Thanks, Boss. :)

michael_s
11-16-2014, 05:10 AM
After exhaustive testing, I have narrowed down the possible causes and managed to fix the issue. The editor buttons should now all be there in all browsers. I am seeing them again in FF, Chrome, Opera.

Please let me know if the changes I made have fixed the problem or not.

ridexbuilder
11-16-2014, 05:55 AM
No joy, for me, even after turning off Adblock+, NoScript and RequestPolicy. Let's see if the CR/LF takes this time.. :-( Nope. Also note that the automatic redirect after login is also not working - have to manually click to proceed.

ridexbuilder
11-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Just taken some time to check in another browser: Chromium Version 38 is fine.
Looks as though it may just be my Firefox, though heck knows why.

(Web v3 browser is also OK)

michael_s
11-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Ridex,

You may have been testing while I was still debugging the problem.

I was testing different configurations trying to narrow down the exact cause (which I have, finally). While I was testing, I had to keep enabling and disabling the setting that caused the problem. This would have caused the editor images to stop displaying intermittently on the site for a couple of hours after my post.

Turns out the issue is a conflict between hotlink/scraping protection and how the site caches js, css, html and image on our cdn pullzones.

ridexbuilder
11-17-2014, 07:31 AM
My Firefox is still not responding on this site. The smilies and javascript for the additional smilies don't work either.