PDA

View Full Version : easy populate question

2001kx
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Im trying to use easy populate to change my weights and it shows that it uploads fine (see pic 222222)

but when i check my store the item weights do not change except for the ones with a text model number.
the ones with a numerical model number do not change.

so i downloaded the same file again with the changes and you can clearly see the text models # did change but not so for the number model #(see pic 333333).

any ideas as to why?

JRR
03-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Are you sure you haven't accidentally renamed one of the columns? For example v_product_xxx is not the same as v_products_xxx... I made that mistake early on and keep an eye out for it now...

2001kx
03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Are you sure you haven't accidentally renamed one of the columns? For example v_product_xxx is not the same as v_products_xxx... I made that mistake early on and keep an eye out for it now...

i didnt touch the column names.
i only downloaded the weight not the complete file.
also like i said in my first post...it will change the weight on the items that have a text based model number but not the numerical model # listings.

ridexbuilder
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
i didnt touch the column names.
i only downloaded the weight not the complete file.
also like i said in my first post...it will change the weight on the items that have a text based model number but not the numerical model # listings.

Are you using Open/LibreOffice or that other over-priced office suite?
What are your EP settings? Have you read the supplied EP documentation?

The most obvious thing (for someone who knows about IT), is that numerical product model numbers are being converted from text to (guess what?) numbers, in the spreadsheet. Simples.
Supply a short snippet of your EP extract (from your spreadsheet), wrapped in CODE tags and I'll hazard a guess that it'll be obvious.
Free IT consultation over.. :rolleyes:

2001kx
03-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Are you using Open/LibreOffice or that other over-priced office suite?
What are your EP settings? Have you read the supplied EP documentation?

The most obvious thing (for someone who knows about IT), is that numerical product model numbers are being converted from text to (guess what?) numbers, in the spreadsheet. Simples.
Supply a short snippet of your EP extract (from your spreadsheet), wrapped in CODE tags and I'll hazard a guess that it'll be obvious.
Free IT consultation over.. :rolleyes:
im using excel starter 2010
screenshot from excel (see pic ep-spreadsheet.jpg )

settings (see pic ep-settings.jpg )

here is the my ep extract using notepad++

v_products_model,v_products_weight,EOREOR
"00049","0.100",EOREOR
"00050","0.100",EOREOR
"00048","0.100",EOREOR
"00046","0.100",EOREOR
"00045","0.100",EOREOR
"00047","0.100",EOREOR

the only thing i see different is that in notepad++ has the 0's in front of the number.

ridexbuilder
03-19-2013, 06:43 AM
ep-spreadsheet.jpg tells us nothing.
I'll rephrase: download your EP from Admin. Open in your (crappy) spreadsheet program. Make your changes and save the sheet. Open the sheet up in Notepad++. Are the numbers wrapped in double quotes? Prefixed zeros suggest that they are OK i.e. text.
Use LibreOffice.
Try my updated EP file that is posted in the Contributions/Hacks section.
Change to my preferred tab delimiter - though in this instance it should be of no consequence.

EJ

BTW: fractional weights are not advisable, as mentioned in another thread. It appears that you didn't take my advice onboard that time, so I reckon I should just bow out of this thread and let someone else tutor you.

2001kx
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
ep-spreadsheet.jpg tells us nothing.
I'll rephrase: download your EP from Admin. Open in your (crappy) spreadsheet program. Make your changes and save the sheet. Open the sheet up in Notepad++. Are the numbers wrapped in double quotes? Prefixed zeros suggest that they are OK i.e. text.
Use LibreOffice.
Try my updated EP file that is posted in the Contributions/Hacks section.
Change to my preferred tab delimiter - though in this instance it should be of no consequence.

EJ

BTW: fractional weights are not advisable, as mentioned in another thread. It appears that you didn't take my advice onboard that time, so I reckon I should just bow out of this thread and let someone else tutor you.

here it is after i changed and saved...then i opened it with notepad++
not wrapped in double quotes.

v_products_model,v_products_weight,EOREOR
49,0.3,EOREOR
50,0.3,EOREOR
48,0.3,EOREOR
46,0.3,EOREOR
45,0.3,EOREOR
47,0.3,EOREOR

im downloading LibreOffice now to give it a try.

as for the fractional weights as of right it really doesnt matter because im not using them...
thats why im trying to get EP working so i can sort all of that out.
i have free shipping to usa using zone shipping and no out of country as of right now.
i need the weights for out of country sales only.

but for future reference how can i display 1/3 of an oz if not using fractions.
example: i sell decals and can fit 3 small decals in a standard envelope via first class mail with a stamp...total weight just under 1 oz

i guess i could use 3 for .3 and 10 for a 1 oz but how do i get it to dispaly correctly during check out?
so it doesnt say package weight 10oz for a 1oz package?

pgmarshall
03-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Just put the weights in as integers (ie. not fractions) and simply change the text in the checkout to say oz. The system really doesn't care what the weight units are in.

Regards.

pgmarshall
03-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Taking this a step further you could put your weights in based on the size of the stickers.

Small decal = weight of 1
Large decal = weight of 2

Then simply set up a table rate 1-3 goes in an envelope
3-x goes in parcel etc.