PDA

View Full Version : CloudFlare

2001kx
09-06-2012, 07:33 PM
just got an email from my hosting provider and they are offering CloudFlare.
anyone use it...is it worth a try.
i just dont know anything about it.

a2001kx
09-07-2012, 08:36 AM
just got an email from my hosting provider and they are offering CloudFlare.
anyone use it...is it worth a try.
i just dont know anything about it.
test..........

ridexbuilder
03-21-2013, 03:49 AM
It's actually saving me quite a fair bit of server Load and bandwidth. It should also boost SEO.
To effectively utilise the free version requires a bit of creative thinking, as it doesn't work with SSL - a necessity for an online store!
Their intermediate offering of using their badged SSL is a non-starter, IMO and the full-blown version, allowing for so-called custom SSL (i.e. your own) is costly.

YMMV
EJ

michael_s
03-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Cloudflare is just one of many CDN providers. Using a CDN is recommended for improving page speed and site stability. Is it necessary? Not really but in competitive web spaces, it is one more tool to help make your site on par with bigger players.

2001kx
03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
when i enabled cloudflare - my site no longer uses SEO friendly product names and it changed my domain back to www. also i cant log in to my store admin?

ridexbuilder
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
when i enabled cloudflare - my site no longer uses SEO friendly product names and it changed my domain back to www.
Sounds like you're using it wrong: I have seven sites running with this CDN, all displaying SEO URLs, no problem. The only issue that I have is that the "osCsid=" is displayed, which is probably just because I haven't set it up right too! ;) (.. or that's completely unrelated.)

2001kx
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
all i did was hit enable in my c-panel and it did the rest.

ridexbuilder
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
I didn't use the cPanel interface, rather set it up directly - maybe that's where your issue lies.

2001kx
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I didn't use the cPanel interface, rather set it up directly - maybe that's where your issue lies. yes most likely ...i will look into further and see what i did wrong.