PDA

View Full Version : [Template System] Template conversion needed

wkdwich
04-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes.. another template conversion thing...

One of my clients has installed MAX 2.5.0 and then against my recommendations went a bought a template somewhere.. the developer swore it was 2.5 ready, I knew it could not be.. sure enough it wasn't.. I looked at it myself, and it's a little out of my comfort zone to do the transformation.. anyone out there that might like to tackle this - for a fee of course.. Feel free to reply or PM me n this..
thanks

oscmax456
05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes.. another template conversion thing...

One of my clients has installed MAX 2.5.0 and then against my recommendations went a bought a template somewhere.. the developer swore it was 2.5 ready, I knew it could not be.. sure enough it wasn't.. I looked at it myself, and it's a little out of my comfort zone to do the transformation.. anyone out there that might like to tackle this - for a fee of course.. Feel free to reply or PM me n this..
thanks

Hello,
If you get any one to do template conversion please let me know, I want to convert an osCommerce from Algozone to OSCmax 2.5.
My site is already running :)

Thanks. spc456 at gmail dot com.

wkdwich
05-25-2012, 03:50 PM
As you can see no one really wants to take this on.. it's unfortunate...

oscmax456
05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
As you can see no one really wants to take this on.. it's unfortunate...

Yes, it is sad.

Is this task so difficult?

Thanks

wkdwich
05-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm no coder, I'm the first to raise my hand and say uh.. over my head.. and this is over my head.. Persoanlly I can tweak up the existing templates but not take this other stuff and merge it.. yes its complicated.. I did convert a very old osc template to max 2.0.25 a long time ago.. but 2.5.x is very different in how it is laid out..

pgmarshall
05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Do you have a link to the template zip or PM me the file and I will have a look to see how complicated it would be to convert - I am not offering to convert it for you though!

Regards,

burt
05-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Deb - you know this is my area of expertise...

wkdwich
05-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Ah Burt.. no, sorry I didn't realize that.. PM me with an email address and I'll send the files over.. PG was looking at it already, but it never hurts for a second pair of eyes :)

My guy is set on this template.. loves the layout, the buttons, the colors.. I've got him fiddle'ing with tweaking compromise, but he's not getting it...

burt
05-29-2012, 06:12 AM
oscshops at the gmail

wkdwich
05-29-2012, 06:32 AM
gotcha.. coming atcha shortly

ahhhh I know who you are now :) heheh the burt thing thru me!