PDA

View Full Version : 2.5.1 on Schedule?

BlueBunyip
03-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Is 2.5.1 still on course for end of March? - Reason I ask is that I was about to get a significant mod coded for my store based on 2.5.0, then the patch came out so I held off as there was mention of 2.5.1 but I'm under some time constraints and don't want to put it of much longer.

Thanks

pgmarshall
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
We have accelerated the release cycle so we are still hoping to release at the end of this month.

What mod are you having coded? You may find that 2.5.1 is not touching anything to do with your mod.

If you provide a few more details then I should be able to give you a more detailed answer.

Regards.

BlueBunyip
03-29-2012, 12:25 PM
We have accelerated the release cycle so we are still hoping to release at the end of this month.

What mod are you having coded? You may find that 2.5.1 is not touching anything to do with your mod.

If you provide a few more details then I should be able to give you a more detailed answer.

Regards.

The mod will probably only effect admin/categories and product_info - the problem is that the existing store has probably dozens of mods I need to roll in before the new mod can be started and they touch just about every area.

End of the month or even a bit longer is fine - I was just concerned if it was going to slip by say a month.

Thanks

michael_s
03-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Packages are being released monthly. Period.

Any issues not fixed by the end of the current month's release get pushed to the next month. This works better overall for everyone as fixes get pushed out in a more timely manner, even if each release doesn't fix everything. The updates are smaller and more manageable for end users (they touch less code overall). The other benefit is that the osCmax core/trunk stays much closer to the state of the art osCmax feature set than in years past.

BlueBunyip
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks Michael - I think that is a very good plan and will make life a lot easier.

pgmarshall
03-30-2012, 10:34 AM
I am still interested which mods you have installed ... mainly because I am wondering if they would be useful for other store owners.

Regards.

ridexbuilder
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I am still interested which mods you have installed ... mainly because I am wondering if they would be useful for other store owners.

Regards.
As add-ons, hopefully, unlike "Add this". :rolleyes:

pgmarshall
03-30-2012, 02:05 PM
What is wrong with the AddThis module?

ridexbuilder
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
What is wrong with the AddThis module? It's such a crucial core element to include, that everyone would want on their store - not!

pgmarshall
03-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Okay ... sorry I thought there was something wrong with it (just tweaked it by the way as it is >100kB and was loading on every page - my bad!)

Regards.

michael_s
03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Cut PGM some slack... after doing all that very dry PriceFormatter coding (and there is A LOT of it) he is entitled to add a bell or whistle here and there.

While not on par with modularizing all the buttons in osCmax, Add This is a great Store owner and End user convenience. For the store owner, being able to easily add social buttons without any coding is a great time saver. The fact is that social is here to stay and it keeps getting bigger. While not critical to overall store function, having an easy social sharing option makes osCmax more appealing to most store owners. It adds easy ways to have your customers market/promote your items for you...

BlueBunyip
03-31-2012, 07:38 PM

Regards.

OK - Here is a list of the main installed contributions which don't appear to be in 2.5.0:

Product Alert Text - this is a custom mod which allows the administrator to add a text alert to an individual product with an expiry date e.g. the text might be "First stock arriving June 4" and you can set the expiry date to June 4 so the alert appears on the product description until June 4.

MYOB - Have installed MYOB Export Module contribution and MYOB Items/Products Import contribution modified to export the items on each order as is done for Sales and Customers in the MYOB Export Module. Fields for our MYOB Purchase and Sales account number for the item has been added on the Admin side and also into EasyPopulate so that if we add a new product to the webstore the first time someone buys it it will be created automatically in MYOB when we import the sales for the day.

Ship In Cart

Customer Testimonials 3

Send HTML Email

Mass Copy and Move

Product Listing Columns

Credit Card Number Encryption

AusPost Shipping Module

AusBank Payment Module

Main categories in front page

wkdwich
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I've got my own list of mods I need to get in before setting live..

custom hazmat - charges addiitonal fee when a hazmat item is ordered
tweaked tax ID -- appears to be required but is not
2nd smaller logo for invoices
Multi Geozone shipping
tweak order email subject lines - customer & store copy with store name, last name, & order#
tweak order email body to include phone & email
a completely different batch print MOD (cause the built in one sux IMHO)
Master password (invaluable to help a customer)
tweak Admin sort product by item ID
tweak packing slip sort by item ID (ease of picking products for packing)
tweak packing slip/invoice - add order ID, shipping & payment method, comments, email, phone (some of this was there forget which now)
Social contacts
Admin products pages, added price & stock QTY and ability to change stock without having to go into the product
Export order MOD
ADD CUSTOMER EMAIL TO ADMIN>CUSTOMERS>HIGHLIGHTED CUSTOMER
Credit Card (not for production use) added CVV and completely compliant I swear - no flames please
HOVER HELP ? TO CUSTOMER SHOPPING CART
SHOP By BRAND BOX (column list of brands/companies)
CREATE ACCOUNT DOUBLE EMAIL ENTRY WITH CHECKING
tweak SORT ARTICLE BY NAME