PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 Issue

ridexbuilder
02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
On larger sites, I'm experiencing out of memory errors (even though there's plenty allocated for Apache/PHP). I've set the cache so that it clears daily but if the sites get any reasonable amount of traffic, it sets off the error condition. Once the cache is cleared manually, in Admin., the error conditions clears again.
I'm trying to find time to investigate further - cache is currently set to filesystem (the default) but issues also arose with both database and memcached as the method used.
Doing a search for "Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php" reveals quite a lot of other sites with various issue. Permissions ones can be ignored - get someone to set the website up properly - but memory ones also exist.

As with other spurious scripts in the core code, there should be no instances of ini_set, as a means to set allowed memory but as stated above, even with ample allocated, the issue remains.

michael_s
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
This is a known issue with SEO urls. With such large product/categories sets, it is a bad idea to cache all of that information all at once.

See the discussion about this starting here:
ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media - osCommerce Support Forum - Page 85 (http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/page__view__findpost__p__1491964)

You may have to contact Robert from FWR to get the modified files he mentions that deal with this issue.

ridexbuilder
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks. I already had that post open but on page 28... more reading required.