PDA

View Full Version : [Payment Module] If a buyer want to cancel previous order and replace it with another order with different price, how should I do it?

ellery.esd
02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi all!

Here are some basic information:
- XAMPP 1.7.7 (PHP 5.3.8, MySQL 5.5, Apache 2.2)
- Firefox 10.0
- oscMax 2.0 RC3

Here is the scenario/process:

Scenario A:

Customer completes the buying progress of buying Product A, which cost $100.
After some days, we discover that the product is out of stock, and customer agrees to replace it with Product B, which cost $120
They pay the additional $20 to complete the purchase.

Scenario B:

Customer completes the buying progress of buying Product A, which cost $100.
After some days, we discover that the product is out of stock, and customer agrees to replace it with Product B, which cost $70
They get a refund of $30 to complete the purchase.

Some assumptions/conditions:

We do not want to refund (in scenario A) and have them re-purchased again, even though it is the most effective solution.
We would like to show the whole progress in one single transaction/invoice.

What we want to do and our questions:

In only one single invoice, can we state that Product A is cancelled and has been replace by product B?
Can we put an additional charge/refund on an existing purchase? For example, can we add some discount voucher or similar stuff to reflect such changes?

I don't mind changing the code to do so, but before that, I would like to know if there is any existing mechanism that is available to do such thing?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

ridexbuilder
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Firstly, you'd be well advised to upgrade that VERY old version of osCmax! Not only for security's sake but also for additional/improved features.
Can you not just change the order in Admin.? Unable to test on your version of 'Max (I'm surprised that it even runs in PHP 5.3.8!).

ellery.esd
02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi ridexbuilder.

Let me tell you one thing: YOU ARE COMPLETELY/ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Here is the reason why I can't upgrade: this version has been run for a long time and quite a lot of custom features are in place already.

Guess what, I tried to upgrade to (at least) 2.0.15, it fails... and I don't know what kind of disaster I have if I upgrade it to 2.5.

By the way, it could not be run on 5.3.8 at first because the session and cookie did not work properly. I make it work only by making some custom changes.

So bear with me, I really want to but I don't know how, (and I don't want to mess up with this new job, probation not passed yet...)

:D

Thank you.