PDA

View Full Version : YMM contribuion for osCmax

gameznet
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello I just atempted to install the YMM contribution (year make model) for an auto parts store but have ran into some issues,

I have gotten so far and now I am stumped so I could use some help or even better I would happily pay to just have it done for me.
I need it working for a client that I am setting up a store for on oscmax..
the contribution is here: osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6684)

I ran the autoinstaller and skipped the page edits which I did myself, mainly for the fallback template files...
I can see and use the YMM features in the product editing page so that part is working but the infoboxes are not working on the site and there are no links in the Admin area for YMM

Also in the admin area If I go to the "Infobox Admin" it now has the following error:

Warning: dir(/home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/) [function.dir (http://kgaautoshop.com.au/catalog/admin/function.dir)]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/admin_files.php on line 235

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/admin_files.php on line 237

Is there anyone here that can help?

ridexbuilder
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have literally just converted this contribution during the past fortnight (not multi-lingual). Though working, it does have a few inherent issues.

[Given another thread, I'll presume that you'll not be interested in my offerings.]

gameznet
12-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes of Course I'm interested.
What's the story, do you want to finish a YMM install for me if you got it working?
or did you get the actual autoinstaller to work?

re other thread, I'm not one to hold grudges, I just like helpful answers otherwise its just more waisted time...

ridexbuilder
12-02-2011, 04:07 AM
At the moment, it's a drop-in install to a 'clean' RC2 site and I have some tidying up to do with the documentation. It is undergoing trials, hence spotting a couple of issues. I like to modularise as much as possible, so no, it is not by means of an autoinstaller but does make for a tidier installation. Also, I'm looking for a method to mass-populate the data, possibly through EasyPopulate, rather than a raw spreadsheet, for example. The existing contribution is somewhat half-baked.
Be aware that there are some shortcomings, as pointed out in the official osCommerce support thread but generally it could be useful. Seeing some of the rubbish search results from the likes of Amazon, a few glitches might be worth living with.
You've at least spurred me on to complete the documentation but I have a couple of other priority tasks to do first, not least an issue with my secondary Cloud "server". :-(
It is/was my intention to release the updated package as 'donationware' on my website, though nothing is set in stone.

EJ

[You can thank an American-based autostore for commissioning me to look at this, as it was well down my list of contribs. to review/convert]

gameznet
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Definitely please do keep me posted,
I have recently secured a contract from an autoparts store to build them 12 sites broken down into niche categories and I wanted to build them all on oscmax with YMM
eg 1 site for
1 general autoparts site
1 site for performance 4wd aimed at 4x4 enthusiast
1 performance autoparts site aimed at rev heads
1 car interior niche site - seat covers,dash and floor mats, etc
1 car care auto site - polishes and waxes etc
1 panel and paint auto site - paints,primers,body fillers etc
1 in-car entertainment site -car stereos, dvd,mp3,gps etc
1 model car and merchandise auto store (biante model cars)
etc so I really do need something that I can rely on and if you can get YMM there I will gladly donate to the cause..

ridexbuilder
01-28-2012, 05:09 AM
I haven't forgotten about this: it's still on my "things to do" list.
To illustrate that this is not "Pie in the sky", here's a URL to look at (limited lifespan):
ymm : test product 2 [test2] - $0.00 (http://ymm.dev.ejsolutions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=2)
Current state of play is that the selection infobox is 'flakey' - sometimes works, other times... well you know.

Just a few more tasks to tidy up on and I may get an opportunity to review what has been done so far. Unless I get commissioned to look at something else, in which case it'll fall down the stack again.

EJ

gameznet
02-13-2012, 12:46 AM
that url didnt work but I have a developer working on this now for me, could you give me an update if you have ymm working and if not can my developer see what you have so far, perhaps he can finish it for you and we will both be happy :)

ridexbuilder
02-13-2012, 02:38 AM
that url didnt work ...
URL is still active, so unless you have been blocked for site crawling/scraping, you should see it. Nearing a point of revisiting this: need to fix up some fundamental attribute issues with 'Max first though. Core stuff, then add-ons. ;)