PDA

View Full Version : [Admin Issue] Shipping Zones

gackaret
11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Having trouble getting shipping zones to work as needed for oscmax V2.5
Did not have a previous version installed, this is a fresh install rather than an upgrade from a previous version.

Have edited zones.php and added a second zone; defined zones are US and CA. These show up fine and things like the handling fees are editable.

There are two shipping modules installed, UPS and USPS. Client wants UPS only for zone US (and would like to restrict it to the contiguous 48 if possible).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the UPS module but the only zone the UPS module sees is Florida, which appears to be defined as a tax zone not a shipping zone.

Have tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

ridexbuilder
11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
You need to think "out of the box", as it ain't too obvious - use Tax Zones as your shipping zones too. Yes, you will have to manually add all your 48 zones in to "Rest of USA". ;) [One assumes that CA means California and not Canada.]
This is also a way to cope with Highlands & Islands, in the UK, Oz zones etc.

['Tis a big wide world out there]

gackaret
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
This worked! Thank you very much. The use of tax zones to control shipping was non-obvious. Can't see why it was set up that way but it does the trick.

niallb
04-28-2012, 02:56 AM
You need to think "out of the box", as it ain't too obvious - use Tax Zones as your shipping zones too. Yes, you will have to manually add all your 48 zones in to "Rest of USA". ;) [One assumes that CA means California and not Canada.]
This is also a way to cope with Highlands & Islands, in the UK, Oz zones etc.

I'm currently struggling with this for the UK. Not all areas affected are listed in the Zones, i.e. Northern Ireland, Scilly Isles. How do I go about creating these as zones as my carriers charge a lot more to deliver here?

niallb
05-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm currently struggling with this for the UK. Not all areas affected are listed in the Zones, i.e. Northern Ireland, Scilly Isles. How do I go about creating these as zones as my carriers charge a lot more to deliver here?
Still struggling with this, can anyone help me please:confused:

niallb
05-04-2012, 02:02 AM

Bump! Anyone else come up against this, I cant be the first (please don't let me be the first)

wkdwich
05-04-2012, 06:26 AM
naillb,

If you are trying to restrict shipping and or payment methods by ZONE, yes this is an acknowledged issue. I have both payment and shipping methods I need to restrcit to one zone or another and no its not working properly.. The issue has been assigned to Michael and pgmarshall cpnformed it is an issue - justy waiting for them to find the problem and fix..