PDA

View Full Version : [Admin Issue] Register Globals Setting

mskitti
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I can't turn off register globals. EJ an oscmax forum poster is helping me create a new website using your newest version. I received an email from EJ stating the info below.

I had a look and certainly your server does appear to have register globals off - can be seen in cPanel, PHP Info.
Please raise this issue in the forum - appears to be a bug.

Help please.

MsKitti

ridexbuilder
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
For further clarity:
An error message remains in the Admin. console summary page, even though Register Globals appears to be off. There are no php.ini files "floating around" in the catalog directory, that would otherwise over-ride what is being seen in cPanel PHP Info.

mskitti
10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I am not sure what you mean exactly. I tried to add a php.ini page and even a htaccess page. I can't upload to my own server. My server states I don't have permission. Everything I do on the website will not stay. I have wasted so many hours in working on the site, just to find out nothing I did was saved. I added products, many as a matter of fact, just to go back in and find out it was all for nothing. Just unbelievable.

What do I do now? Something has got to be done quickly. I am closing my osc store to move to oscMax. I could sure use more help in fixing this very large problem.

Thanks for replying ridexbuilder,
MsKitti