PDA

View Full Version : [Server/Hosting Issue] admin login screen bounces back blank.

cefyn
08-19-2011, 03:50 PM
I've just moved a site off a WAMP onto a remote server,and I can't log in to admin.The correct password just brings up a blank screen.The catalog front end is ok.Session cookies are being produced and both config files have all the paths correctly defined.Permissions are 755 for folders,644 for files.The mysql version on the WAMP was 5.5.8.,on the server it's 5.0.88.
Could this be the cause,or is there something else that could be doing it.The host is stumped too.
Thanks.

ridexbuilder
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Check the wiki, for turning on error reporting.
Check server error logs.

cefyn
08-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks once again Ridex.I hadn't realised that there was an error reporting file in admin/includes,as well as includes.To make a short story long,the host got back to me,having discovered an error in configure.php

"It's basically a question of finding where the username must come directly after the server name, and where it must be split off" in the configure files.Its made a bit more complicated by the fact I'm using server pathways,but correct settings in both configure.php files sorted it out.The cart is great,btw,brilliant admin and hugely customisable.Thanks.