PDA

View Full Version : [Mod Request] Product Registration

yourfriendjoey
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm fairly new to this . . .

I was wondering if anyone knows of any mods to osCmax that allows users to register a product?

Obviously registration is optional, but I would need it to check the DB for the serial number input by the user to make sure it's valid, and then register it to them.

I know I could do something entirely separate from osCmax, but I'd like the user login credentials to work together.

I did some searching and couldn't find anything like this. Does it not exist? Any idea on how difficult it would be to create?

Thanks for the help!

pgmarshall
08-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I have not seen anything that would do this as a module at osCommerce or in other eCommerce packages. This is probably because people sell lots of the same products so the system is not designed to designate a serial number to each products.

However, it would not be too hard to build - but that depends on how good you are at PHP!

But in principal all you would need is a new table where you keep the serial numbers of your products.

I would suggest:

Serial Number, Product Number, Order Number, Customer Number

You could then simply allow them to enter your store ... login ... goto my account ... click previous orders then have a button for register product ... popup a dialog box for them to enter the serial number ... It could then check that the serial number relates the correct product type and store the order number and customer number in the dbase.

You could then have a simple page in admin to allow the entry of the data and review of those who have registered.

Fair bit of coding but nothing to complex to achieve.

Regards,