PDA

View Full Version : Easy Populate not inserting into database

grozanc
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to use Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 in osCmax 2.5 RC1. I was able to download the file. Using the downloaded file I inserted the product information into the corresponding fields. I then attempted to upload the file, trimming it down to only 10 products for testing and received the following message:

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpJvMJOu
User filename: test.csv
Size: 10731

OK, since the file uploaded correctly, I went into the "Categories/Products" area only to find my uploaded information missing. I then went to the database table "products" and only found the four products I entered manually.

I checked that EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS was set to true. So I have no idea what to trouble shoot, but the uploaded information isn't being entered into the catalog.

Here is a link to my CSV: secure.garyrozanc.com/temp/test.csv

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Gary

ridexbuilder
08-05-2011, 04:27 PM
A quick glance shows that your data is inconsistent - there is a rogue double quote, for example.

If you're using Excel, don't use Scalc (LibreOffice)
Switch to using tab-delimited and unquote text
See the documentation link on the Admin page for details

grozanc
08-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks ridexbuilder! I guess I should have read the directions more carefully. It did say MAC users should save as Windows/DOS. I just assumed csv was free from picking up weird formatting. Thanks again for spotting that!