PDA

View Full Version : [Catalog Issue] Attribute check boxes - only 1 selection will work

andy_1984
07-08-2011, 04:17 AM
i have product options (Pizza toppings) with all the toppings available.

if i select any number of toppings, 5 for example. only the one last selected option is displayed in check out and on the admin orders section.

also if i select the first option that has an additional price of £0.60 and select another topping that has no price associated with it it does not add the +£0.60

i created the attributes by using the ajax attribute manager and set the attribute type via admin -> catalog -> product attributes as i could not find the ability in the ajax attribute manager.

also i don't why as its not in the attribute manager but i have a duplicate of the very first option ?

ridexbuilder
07-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Try this:

andy_1984
07-08-2011, 06:00 AM
i had tried that setting with no luck but thanks anyway :).

i just dont think the attribute system has been coded that way. i think its only meant to be 1 "option value (checkbox)" per option.

i thought the purpose of the check box type was to select multiple check boxes from the one option instead of creating 20 toppings options then adding 1 option value to each.

i could only assume though as the wiki has nothing on the attribute manager or how it works. http://wiki.oscdox.com/v2.5/catalog

?

ridexbuilder
07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Checkbox is primarily used to select a particular single attribute, examples; deluxe model, gift wrapping, hard-shell coating etc.
Think of it as an on/off switch.
You would have to create an attribute for each topping, to allow for multiple selections.
20 attributes isn't that bad to work with, especially in conjunction with EasyPopulate, to assist product upload.

[The osCommerce documentation on QTPro might have further info.]