PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Specials

DADI-ONLINE
06-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads-up. We've made a start this morning on a new store for one of our clients.

We always use the latest SVN version (current 1482) as we set a mirrored copy on our own servers. We have set up the latest version this morning and imported several test products. No changes have yet been made to either template files or core files.

Out of the 10 test products i have added i added 2 "Specials". Upon browsing through the store the Specials show fine although when clicking the link "Specials for June" link on the home page the page jumps straight to http://{yourcatalog}/index.php?show_specials=1 and displays the correct page although the page displays no Special Offers and the message "There are no products to list in this category."

Ive run the same SVN install on both a local XAMPP and local LINUX server and each time it does the same.

Can one of you guys check things at your end.

Let me know if it is and ill post to bugtracker ... cheers :cool:

DADI-ONLINE
06-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Also FYI, Not sure whether it is meant to be like this in the Administration area, go to Templates, Welcome Messages:

1 TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL
2 TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON
3 TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

I wasnt sure whether you left them like this to make it easier for users wanting to customise their store ... ?

Cheers

pgmarshall
06-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Just tested out a special and it seems to work for me. Are you testing locally? Are the 2 specials listed when you go to admin -> catalog -> specials? Regards,

DADI-ONLINE
06-24-2011, 01:22 AM
Hi PGM,

Good to hear from ya.

Yeah, using local although test store is doing the same on our other server. Ive PM'ed you details so you can take a look externally and login into Admin to check settings if you wish.

Sorry should have mentioned that the products are showing in both the administration area and front end of website although do not display on index.php?show_specials=1

Any Probs let me know.

DADI-ONLINE
06-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi PGM,

Ive just applied the latest revision (r1486) from SVN Rep. (Specials - not showing)

It works perfectly.

I quickly set-up a couple of Windoze (Win2003, Win 2008, IIS, PHP and MySQL) and a Mac OSX (MAMP) unit on VMWare to check everything over.

IIS works fine checks for the NULL object and outputs specials to index?show_specials=1 same for the MAMP Stack.

Ive tested this on our live client store running on Red Hat Linux, confirmed working.

Our local XAMPP server and the Linux dedicated server work the same.

Awesome work.

Thanks again Pal.

cefyn
07-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Awesome is right!Thanks,PGM,and thanks Dadi, for giving the directions to the code.