PDA

View Full Version : Comments in Checkout not stored and not displaying correctly

Anonymous
06-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a live store http://www.extrememetal.co.uk, and I have noticed that when a customer goes to complete a transaction that the comments field appears not to display correctly. When I pass an order through to checkout the comments field is populated with a '0' and when you add a comment it gets populated with a '1'. I can only guess that what is being displayed is morelike the size of the array storing the comments information rather than the actual comments.

I can see that the comment is stored in the session by viewing the session file "sess_<blah>" directly on the server, and that this should be displayed to the screen via the class $order->info["comments"] although I think something has gone wonky somewhere, and I can't see immediately how the value should be populated.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks kindly.

peteyg
06-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Have you tried storing your sessions in the Db rather than in the temp dir? Also you may want to back track on the files you edited that are related to orders class and your shopping cart files.

Anonymous
06-02-2004, 08:21 AM
I haven't tried storing sessions in the db, I can see that the information is being store as it should be in the session file. I just can't see how the orders class is pulling the comment informaiton back out of it.

I haven't actually made any ammendments to the orders class or the shopping carts files since I installed. (that I know of anyway)