PDA

View Full Version : Can't stay logged-in...

artloftart
05-23-2004, 11:42 PM
I've looked over the postings that are similar to my problem and have tried/checked out the suggested solutions but none worked.

I've been playing around my site to see what glitches I have and following are the problems:

1.When I log in as a customer, it recognizes me and takes me to the welcome page. When I click on catalog to browse the store, it goes back to the log-in page and doesn't recognize that I just logged in!

2. When I log in and is welcomed and start shopping by clicking a displayed product, it adds it to my cart but when I go to checkout, it kicks me out and shows the log in page again! When I click on cart content, my item is still there.

3. Sometimes, when I log in, instead of taking me to the welcome page, it shows the account information page.

4. When I log in as a different customer, and I check cart contents, it shows me the items I added previously with another customer id. Then when I click on check out, it tells me it's empty.

I've listed all the above because I figured they're all related to one problem and one solution (I hope!)

Here are the suggestions I tried from other postings but did not solve the problem:

1. change session setting to force cookies : true
2. change session setting to force cookies : false, check ssl id: true
3. in configure.php, make sure it's my domain that indicated in the https: paths - it is.

I'm really still a newbie and don't quite understand it all. HELP please. THANKS! :? artloftart

Arpit
07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
what milestone are ya usin? if u dont mind postin your configure.php without the dB info, (lol some ppl in the past have posted eveything) i would be more than happy to take a look at them.... :idea:

artloftart
07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Since then, I've switch to another webhost and reloaded the cart and so far I don't have the old log in problem. Thanks again, artloftart.