PDA

View Full Version : How to disable attributes price prefix in the dropdown menu?

ragerbua
04-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Hi,

is there an easy way to hide the attributes price prefix in the dropdown menu?

Deleting the prefix in the database is no solution, because osCmax 2.5 deducts attribute prices without prefix from the product price. So it has to remain in the database.

Any help is highly appreciated...

ridexbuilder
04-25-2011, 06:07 AM
It's an integral part of the way attribute pricing works and shows that the price will change depending on chosen attribute.
Where there is no price change, then the cost is not shown.

I know that others have asked to show actual cost of product but in my opinion, that is more confusing to the customer and has to be displayed in a different manner - replacing the product price at the top. More complication.

See this example (may change at a later date):
http://max25.dev.ejsolutions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=12
Notice that with the stock table shown, the actual price is displayed (though there appears to be a bug in the total cost).

ragerbua
04-25-2011, 06:26 AM
So when I put a product without attribute prefix in the shopping cart, the price won't be recalculated from the database values but taken from the actual menu values?

Why did I start this thread? I want to set the products price to 0 and attributes prices to their full amount. This should improve usability. Additionally, whenever a product is displayed in the catalog with a price=0, the price should be replaced with a text string saying something like "See options for price".

There is also a bug report covering a related topic:
0000845: Wrong price calculation when price prefix is missing - osCmax Bug Tracking System (http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=845)

ridexbuilder
04-25-2011, 07:51 AM
After a very quick perusal of the 'bug report'...
Make the main product the one with a base (basic) price, then only have additional costs for attributes (no negative price differential). Then do a test for a + (plus) prefix and show "Price from " or similar, alongside the price shown at the top of the product.
Or be done with it and use "Contact For Price". :p

ridexbuilder
04-25-2011, 07:54 AM
... I want to set the products price to 0 and attributes prices to their full amount. This should improve usability....
I disagree entirely and see this as counter-productive. I for one, click elsewhere whenever I see a "Call for price" and this is no different, on first glance.
Notwithstanding the above, I do see a case for presenting attributed costs in a different fashion, though due to it not being a standard feature set, it will require a complete rework. It will also not suit everyone and doesn't cater very well for checkbox-type attributes, IMO.
[Wonders how Google Base will take to a 'free' product.]

michael_s
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Whether you agree or disagree with how attribute pricing works, without adding the Actual Attribute Price mod, the way this works is by adding/subtracting the different attribute price values from the base price. You cannot have a base price of 0 as that is reserved for other functions in osCmax.

If you want to change the default way attribute prices work, there is a relatively simple mod for this here:
osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1716)

This avoids the illogical situation of a product with a 0 price and allows you to set the correct base price and the actual price of the product with the various attributes selected (not the + or - prices) and allows you to set the attribute prices like this as well.

ragerbua
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I integrated Actual Attribute Price in my store but the shopping cart still sums up the product price and the attributes in the shopping cart.

Has anybody sucessfully integrated Actual Attribute Price in osCmax 2.5? Is there anything I should do in addition to the contribution's manual?

osCmax is an excellent piece of software and I appreciate your feedback very much. But as my PHP knowledge is very limited, some of my questions might appear quite dumb to someone who literally breathes PHP.