PDA

View Full Version : Product description tabs flash on page load... what was that trick?

Luxoria
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I think I saw somewhere in the bugtracker a fix to stop the product tabs from flashing on page load, am I wrong about that?

My trick to stop the tabs from flashing is to add

display: none;

in the stylesheet in .panel{}

This works, but with javascript turned off, well, the tabs don't show. =(

So is there a trick to stop them flashing on page load and also have them show when javascript is disabled?

tyty

met00
02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm just wondering how many people run around with javascript turned off in the browser these days?

ridexbuilder
02-09-2011, 10:46 PM
With NoScript in use (always ;)), it is necessary to explicitly allow javascript to run on any given site. Causes confusion at times but much better to have some control over the crap that is dished out on some sites. Vive Flashblock, Adblock+ et al. :)

Luxoria
02-10-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm just wondering how many people run around with javascript turned off in the browser these days?

According to Browser Statistics (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp) in 2008 5% of browsers had JS disabled, in 2011 I would guestimate <4%. Then as ridexbuilder stated you have those with blocking addons and such.

Is it worth being lazy at the risk of loosing sales? Certainly not.

Along with the code in my first post I added the following to main_page.tpl

<noscript>
<style type="text/css">
.panel {
display:inline;
}
</style>
</noscript>Now all the product description tabs don't all show/flash while waiting for JS to load and if JS is disabled instead of all being hidden they all still show in a single column.

pgmarshall
02-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Luxoria,

Would you mind submitted a bug report so we can merge this into the source code.

Thanks,

Luxoria
02-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Sure thing, I would of but I thought there was a fix that I missed.

Edit** there is also a few more fix options to choose from I added to the report.