PDA

View Full Version : Nested Attributes

GPMaina
10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Is there any way to create nested attributes such that the answer to a higher lever attribute/option generates a sub-set of possible options as a sub-option? For example, not all sizes may be available in all colors, depending on the style... etc.

Thanks...

michael_s
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
You would have to custom code something to do this for you, the standard attributes handler cannot nest attributes.

ridexbuilder
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
From the QTPro (included in 'Max) manual (I downloaded from osCommerce contributions site):

Each takes a different approach to solving the problem of out of stock attribute combinations but they all have one thing in common. The attributes that stock is tracked for are displayed first followed by the attributes that stock is not tracked for. For example, if you have a shirt that has colors, sizes and you also allow the customer to choose gift boxing and a embroidered initial. Color and size will have stock tracked but gift boxing and the initial will not. osCommerce normally displays attributes by name so it would display the attributes in the order: color, gift boxing, initial, size. QT Pro plugins will display them: color, size, gift boxing, initial.This sound about right?
I haven't delved into QTPro, so unable to assist more, sorry. I'm sure others have. :)