PDA

View Full Version : Wolfen Feature Sets v1.05 for osCMax v2.1x - full package

michael_s
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
This is osCMaxed version of Wolfen Feature Sets v1.0.5. It was repackaged based on osCMax v2.1 (NOT 2.0.3!). It has not been tested on v2.0.3 and may cause some problems. It is intended for sites running osCMax v2.1.

All files in the package are intended to overwrite default/unmodified osCMax v2.1 files. If you have added other mods, use a file comparison tool to merge in the changes from this mod.

The instructions have been updated for osCMax (super easy instructions anyway!).

Please use this thread for questions, problems, fixes, discussion. Also be sure to vote in the poll whether or not this should be included in the next osCMax release package.

ridexbuilder
12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Finally found time to look at this (with a view to using a scroller with it).

In the HTML install documentation:

open file catalog/templates/fallback/content/index_default.tpl.php locate code:

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

And add this either before or after (or replacing) depending on where you want your featured sets to display on the main page:
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>
I presume that you actually mean to displace/replace:

<td><br><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

Also, there are no DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR references for small product images.

EJ

michael_s
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I presume that you actually mean to displace/replace:

Nope, that is entirely up to the end user, as they do different things. This just adds featured sets, doesn't remove any other function.

mopics - this is an initial release. Any fixes or updates are welcome.

ridexbuilder
12-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Nope, that is entirely up to the end user, as they do different things. This just adds featured sets, doesn't remove any other function.

Methinks you need more medicine... :rolleyes:

The point is:
In your documentation, it suggests to place the Features above/below (or replace ) DEFINE_MAINPAGE, whereas, I think you mean NEW_PRODUCTS.

michael_s
12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Still no. :)

ridexbuilder
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Hmm... me no understand why you'd ever want to change the define main page directive. Off for a sulk...

:crushed:

allahg
01-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm getting an error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_set_categories_featured() in ... admin/categories.php on line 64

Any idea how to fix that?

ontarget
02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
OK, this is kind of embarassing, but I have to ask. What in the world is a Wolfen Feature Set? I looked on the osCommerce forum and didn't see it explained there, either.

ridexbuilder
02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Let me Google that for you (in the words of The Boss):
osCommerce: Wolfen Featured Sets (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2283)

ontarget
02-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Well, that was too easy. Sorry and thanks! :bonk:

ridexbuilder
02-17-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm sure you'll come up with a more difficult one, eventually. ;)

ridexbuilder
02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Now backported, with a few tweaks for 'Max 2.0.15.
Wolfen_Feature_Sets_osCMax_v1.05R (http://www.oscmax.com/system/files/Wolfen_Feature_Sets_osCMax_v1.05R.zip)

ridexbuilder
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
For clarification
I have just been reading through featured_sets.php (sad, I know) and discovered the following at the end:

else // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box
{ if(FEATURED_PRODUCTS_NEW_DISPLAY == 'true') {
include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); }
}

I rest my case - The featured products line mentioned in previous posts should replace the new products one.
:mexican:
[Applicable to Wolfen Featured Sets not Open Feature Sets]