PDA

View Full Version : News Desk v1.5.1 osCMax version

michael_s
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
This is the News Desk v1.5.1 mod converted to work with osCMax v2.0x and v2.1x

This mod creates a "news desk" feature for your site where you can post news articles or stickies, and generate an RSS feed for your news.

It has been integrated into the osCMax template system and the install instructions have been updated to allow installation into osCMax without any issues. All of the newsdesk pages have been fully integrated into the osCMax template system and admin panel.

Note: this mod is not fully converted, everything works, but the news desk infoboxes have not yet been made BTS template compatible. I ran out of time this weekend, so I am releasing what I have done. If anyone has the time to convert the boxes to BTS format, post up the conversion, otherwise it will probably be a week before I can finish them.

Please use this thread to post any questions, problems or fixes to this mod. Also be sure to vote in the poll as to whether this mod should be included in the osCMax core package.

MindTwist
09-27-2009, 01:48 PM
YES, of course it should be included on the core osCMax package...!!

rjdj2000
08-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Installed as per instructions, have admin side but on user side, I get nothing. All Terrain Res-Q(tm) Online Store : (http://www.krittergirl.com/catalog) Comes up with a blank page

Any idea why? Uploaded everything where it should of been also.

pgmarshall
08-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I can see your news pages on the index page - they are in the middle!

Can't see the infoboxes ... have you created them in the infobox controller in admin?

Regards,

rjdj2000
08-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Ok, now it is working.... Dunno what I did, now to figure out how to move the stuff and I did create the boxes in admin... not sure why they are not showing up on the right where it should be. With the BTS system, do I need to edit the index_default.tpl.php file as it said in the package? As I take out the lines on that, and it is gone... should I put the lines in a different file?

rjdj2000
08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Note: this mod is not fully converted, everything works, but the news desk infoboxes have not yet been made BTS template compatible. I ran out of time this weekend, so I am releasing what I have done. If anyone has the time to convert the boxes to BTS format, post up the conversion, otherwise it will probably be a week before I can finish them.

Could this by why the boxes are not showing up? I've looked at the Articles Box file, could this be used for the news box by just changing items that it is looking for in the database?

If not, I'll wait for the update and add them.

RJ

pgmarshall
08-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Very probably!

I have not used this module before - but it does sound logical.

Regards,

bluezdaze
08-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Is there a demo somewhere?

michael_s
08-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Nope. Gotta install it to see it. Its not part of the core package.

rjdj2000
08-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Michael,

Do you know if anyone has gotten to the infoboxes yet on this? I haven't had time to see if I could get something to work and it has been quite awhile since you made the first post on this mod.

Thanks
RJ

michael_s
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
No, it hasn't been touched since it was posted. Since it is not yet part of the core, it is not maintained and I haven't had time to revisit it.

Shouldn't be that hard. Take a look at some of the existing boxes and extrapolate from there. A little copy and paste with a few well placed moments of thought should be enough to get it done.

rjdj2000
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Ok,

I will look at the articles boxes and see if they can be implemented to use for the news boxes. If anyone out there has already done this mod and has them it would be helpful if they were added to this thread. Would save other time in getting this mod installed.

RJ

MindTwist
09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I will look at the articles boxes and see if they can be implemented to use for the news boxes. If anyone out there has already done this mod and has them it would be helpful if they were added to this thread. Would save other time in getting this mod installed.

I am not sure what you are looking for here; infoboxes? The ones on the side? Like this test site, on the right?

http://www.twistedreality.org

Where you see "Articulos", that is the main articles.php infobox. Next one with name "Ultimas noticias" is newsdesk_latest.php infobox, and "Noticas" is newsdesk.php, which shows all the newsdesk categories and news.

rjdj2000
09-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Yeah, basically that is it and I think that they were included in the download but they are showing up in the middle of the site and not on the right hand side.. It has been awhile since I installed this but I am pretty positive that I followed the install as it was wrote. Will have to go back and re-check everything again....

azrin_aris
12-13-2010, 06:34 AM
is this parts of the 2.5 release?

pgmarshall
12-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Unfortunately not at the moment!

It was on the "to do" list ... but at the moment we have a code freeze on so you would have to ask Michael very nicely to let someone install into the core.

Regards,