PDA

View Full Version : French Language installation for osCMax 2.0.X

jpf
07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
French Language installation for osCMax 2.0.X
================================================== =========

Please note this is created exclusively for osCMax 2.0.X Stable Version - It
may or may not work on any release candidate (2.0 RC1, RC2, RC3, RC4) and may
or may not be 100% compatible with 2.1 SVN or Stable when it come out.

See file attached - please read the install.txt file

superdeal
07-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi, I did just upload the zip file trhough filezilla...installed the french language the way the notepad doc sais...now when in the catalog the french flag works....but when i go to admin and change the language to french in order to program the french side i get this new error message
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/w0907/d41/s45/b02f8ccb/www/superdealliquidation.com/catalog/admin/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_french.php on line 3
Now Im lost for words as what to do, possible you can help me again...Ive spent way too much time trying to get this right! lol

jpf
07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Line three should be:
define('BOX_GV_ADMIN_QUEUE', 'Chèques cadeaux file d\'attente');

superdeal
07-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Thank you so much, im really not a programmer but you have made this less painfull for me. I changed the line mentioned and it worked. I did however notice there are many links that are still in english but i guess thats all part of this online store....If you ever need a french translator I am certified. Ive noticed many grammer errors...Ill help if you guys want to improve your french language in commerce pro
Thank you

jpf
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes there is MANY parts of the French pack that is still English. My French and German is secondary and at a limited level (and from 20 years ago). I don't know the little ticks/slang of current spoken/written language. Most of the translations was done by other (more qualified) people over the years.

Feel free to modify the language files and translate and post any remaining English parts.