PDA

View Full Version : The Ongoing PayPal Module Nightmare

ridexbuilder
05-14-2009, 04:09 AM
What a shambles this little lot is!
What exactly needs to be installed/enabled? Gawd knows, as there are no clear guidelines. Contradictory/confusing/outdated threads on here, there and everywhere. :confused:

Getting 'standard' PayPal to work in osCommerce was simple. Getting Express Checkout was a bit more complicated (layout mainly), using "Dynamo Effects' paypal_wpp_1.0.4". However, they both work - period.

I'm trying to migrate an existing site from 'osC' to 'Max' and get another site started. Working payment methods is kinda crucial.

I couldn't get the supplied "PayPal Website Payments Standard" (how does this differ from IPN?) to work, so this has been disabled and the osCommerce supplied module simply called "PayPal" has been migrated/installed (what fun!) and is working fine (so far).

On to Express: (UK shop)

PayPal Express Checkout???
PayPal WPP (UK) Direct - seems like it (according to side notes)
PayPal WPP (UK) Express Checkout - I would've thought so.
[Note each of these show version 1.0 - current versions presumably]

Added in what seems to be the relevant 'bits' to the input fields (API signature?). When the express checkout button is clicked, all that happens is that the user is taken to the customer login screen. Hmm.

In utter frustration, I've been trying to port the "Dynamo Effects" across but with the added complication of BTS and another standard mod. (QTPro.? can't remember - it was late), it's going to be a real slog. :(

All this ground must've been covered before. A sticky/locked thread on step-by-step instructions would be fab. and is sure to benefit many.
Maybe with additions, only when upgrades are available/applied.
Any takers? :-D

EJ

michael_s
05-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Paypal website payment standard is a simple enable and go module. It works fine for me, I just enable it, add my email address and it is good to go. Processing orders immediately.

Paypal Express Checkout - You need to get your API signature from Paypal otherwise it will not work. The documentation is provided by paypal in your paypal account manager (paypal.com). Look under My Account >> Profile >> API Access

On that page, you grant API Access, generate your API certificate and enable Express Checkout on your account.

As for WPP, I have only used it on the test server, but the concept is the same. Go to your paypal account and follow their instructions for enabling it and setting it up.

michael_s
05-14-2009, 07:40 AM
I just tested paypal express checkout, and I am running into a problem too. Last update must have broken something. I am looking into it.

FYI, this is the module: osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5658)

ridexbuilder
05-14-2009, 08:03 AM
As said, this is already working fine in osCommerce with Dynamo Effects' WPP, it's "translating" it into the 'Max' modules that's the real issue.

It would be preferable (for support reasons, if nothing else) to use the 'native' oscMax modules. Should we be using the WPS module in preference to the IPN module (which is one revision behind the current, I believe)?

I will ask my client to revisit the PayPal site, to see if we can glean more info. from it (doubtful but you never know). I don't have an Express setup, so can't 'play' with setting m'self.

That HdP module is kinda old now ;-)

Please let me know how you get on with the problem.
Thanks

ridexbuilder
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Haven't forgotten about all of this - need to co-ordinate with my client to get a working solution.