PDA

View Full Version : Which paypal module?

bikiniduck
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
So, going from a brand new Oscmax install, I am presented with a choice of 3 Paypal modules to pick from. What does each of them do thats so different from each other? A forum search didnt provide any insight.

There is Standard, Express Checkout, and Pro.

On my current OsC cart, (circa 2004) I just used regular Paypal. I have a business PP account set up and can receive all forms of payments. During checkout the customer could pay me from their paypal account, or if they didnt have one type in their C/C info on the paypal site and I'd get the money. They would get the total from the cart, get redirected to the paypal page, pay, and return to a confirmation page on my cart.

Of the three modules there, which one is closest to that functionality?

jpf
05-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I think most people use the Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal) IPN

dknowle
05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Website Payments Pro is a gateway service much like Authorize.net (you take credit card & then send this to PayPal - this is an upgraded PayPal service & from your description, you do not have this).

PayPal Express is like sending a regular PayPal payment - it is required to be used in addition if you have Website Payments Pro (Again, based on your description, you don't want this one)

This leaves you with 2 PayPal modules (both work as you described & provide almost the same functionality):

1. Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal) (or PayPal IPN) - this module was giving me problems with coupons, so I'm using Website Payments Standard

2. PayPal Website Payments Standard - this is the one that I currently use

bikiniduck
06-02-2009, 03:42 AM
So I have been using the PayPal Website Payments Standard one for the last few days, and have run into a few issues. First of all it works, I get the money, order gets received. Now the issue lies in the fact that that is where everything stops.
When a customer chooses to pay with paypal it sets their order to Status A (payment pending), once the payment has gone through and paypal says "hay, we got the money ok" it should change to Status B (payment received), and send me an extra order email. Problem is, after it sets the order to A, it stops working. The customer still goes through and sends money, but the software doesnt recognize anything after that.

Is this a problem that wveryone is having, or is it just me?

And lastly, other than getting the API info from paypal, does PayPal Express Checkout require any other form of setup?

Thanks,

ozstar
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes the PayPal Website Payments Standard is like the previous versions of teh payPal IPN mod wheras the PayPal Credit Card only offers CC card payments so it seems.

We got the email advice as a seller and then advice as a buyer (for our test) and as far as I ever knew we had to go into admin to change the fact that it had been paid. I never knew about it being done automatically like Ebay.

However when i clicked on the PayPal link to go back to our store.. I get this..

Fatal error: Call to a member function update_credit_account() on a non-object in /home/starreco/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php on line 471

Only otrher thing with my PP website version is the Description in the PayPal advice is our company name, not the products they bought.

How can we change this?

Thanks

oz

pgmarshall
07-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Try this fix (http://www.oscmax.com/forums/paypal/18071-paypal-issue-any-ideas.html) - it is an error in the CCGV module.

Another solution is to upgrade to Paypal version 2.3.3 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6775)

Hope this helps,

ozstar
07-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Thank you,. Yes I did the fix you linked to above and the error goes and I return from paypal to the store. Still only shows the product in the PayPal Description though.

Is there fix for this?

I will look at the update later as well.

oz