PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Problems with the install

Anonymous
12-12-2002, 07:13 AM
<P><B>Step 1: Database Import</B></P><P>A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.</P><P>The error message returned is:</P><P class=boxme>Host 'netatic1.netatictechnologies.com' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'<BR><BR><BR><BR>I look in mysqladmin, but I did'nt finf the flush-hosts<BR>Can someone help me???</P>

|3ackdraft
12-18-2002, 04:24 PM
this means that mysqld has gotten a lot (max_connect_errors) of connect requests from the host 'hostname' that have been interrupted in the middle. After max_connect_errors failed requests, mysqld assumes that something is wrong (like an attack from a cracker), and blocks the site from further connections until someone executes the command mysqladmin flush-hosts.

By default, mysqld blocks a host after 10 connection errors. You can easily adjust this by starting the server like this:

shell> safe_mysqld -O max_connect_errors=10000 &

Note that if you get this error message for a given host, you should first check that there isn't anything wrong with TCP/IP connections from that host. If your TCP/IP connections aren't working, it won't do you any good to increase the value of the max_connect_errors variable!

Most of this is done by your server administrator
if you have access

shell> mysqladmin flush-hosts

or try to execute the following sql statement

"flush hosts"

I recommend using phpMyAdmin
http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/
easy to use and excecute sql statements right from your browser

Also make sure that your mysql username and password are correct