PDA

View Full Version : Demo to new initial install

DenverDave
12-11-2002, 12:22 PM
I have the demo shop running. Now I'm wondering what is the easiest way to start up a new shop without all of the products and customers in the demo. I saw discussion on this 6 months ago, but I did not see anything with a current scan of the boards and Oscdox .

How is everyone getting started with a new shop? :shock:

michael_s
12-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Just empty the product, order, category, and customer tables using phpmyadmin. That will give you a clean, empty database. 8)

Anonymous
12-11-2002, 04:48 PM
I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about here, but it seems like in some situations that the following additional tables may have to be adjusted in some cases:

address_book
banners_history
categories_description
counter
customers_basket
customers_basket_attributes
customers_info
manufacturers
manufacturers_info
orders_products
orders_products_attirbutes
orders_products_download
orders_status
orderstatus_history
orders_total
products_attributes_download
products_description
products_options
products_options_values
products_options_values_to_products_options
products_to_categories
reviews
reviews_descriptions

Again, I really don't have a clue - thanks for pointing out the main tables.

modom
12-13-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi,

Are you setting up another store or just want to empty the info in the store you have?

If the latter, then log into your server and phpMyAdmin and click on the database itself in the left column. Then look in the right column and you will see all the files there.

You would then put a checkmark on all the tables on the right and at the bottom of the column listing it has a drop down box that says "with selected". Click on the drop down and choose "empty".

This will empty your tables but leave the tables listed.