PDA

View Full Version : problem connecting to database from ssl

sav1
01-24-2004, 03:49 PM
G'day,
have set up ms2-max at the following location www.evotech.com.au
everything works fine in the non ssl environment, but have now started setting up ssl. My hosting company does not set up symbolic links and they suggested that i copy accross the required files to the ssl server. i have done this and modified the two config files. Now the catalog still works fine but as soon as you try to log into my account i get the following error message
"Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'evot@localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES) in /home/hjs617/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!"
Now according to my hosting company the database server is 127.0.0.1 instead of local host. So as i understand the user should be evot@127.0.0.1 instead of 'evot@localhost.localdomain' . i have checked both configure files and they list the db server as 127.0.0.1 so i do not understand where the localhost.localdomain is coming from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Sav

Mibble
01-25-2004, 07:01 AM
localhost is the same as 127.0.0.1, you get to the same page on a system by going to http://localhost as you would http://127.0.0.1
in comparison to where your site is located, where is the SSL site located? you should not have had to change the database information whatsoever, else you would possibly using a new database?

sav1
01-25-2004, 11:10 AM
could the problem be it is a shared ssl cert supplied by my host? perhaps the non-ssl side and the ssl side are hosted on different servers, would this make a difference?

jpf
01-26-2004, 05:51 AM
Ask your HOST what the SQL server IP address actually is. If he can't do a symbolic link then the two are residing on two differnt servers with what would look like two differnt MySQL "server" if you try using 127.0.0.1/localhost. You would need the IP address of the physical SERVER that your MySQL database is on.

(That is ONE of the reasons why it is much better in the LONG run to have your OWN certificate)