PDA

View Full Version : Max is nice but its not really max

Anonymous
01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Nice setup but I have actually an OSC with more contribs than this. I think you should add at least another 20 contribs before this can be considered a full MAX package. There are a lot of things I dont see here like margin report, polls, infobox admin, dynamic information pages, forums, help desk, live support, featured products, wishlist, search stats, user tracking, unsold carts, testimonials, PDF catalog, monthly sales report, sales report (this is not monthly), enhanced low stock report, Giftwrap on checkout, COD fee, Cash on Pickup(great for B&M retailers), restore orders, Manual Orders, Enhanced Newsletter, Exchange Links, Auction Manager, RMA system, Reviews in Product Info, Shop by Price, Site Map and I think I have some other things too but I cant remember everything. I have also some custom changes too.

I also have all the contribs installed and running that are inside Max.

Please add these contribs and then name it MAX. Otherwise, I have the real MAX system.

michael_s
01-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Please do not crosspost. 2 identical posts is annoying.

Where can I download your version? Where is your support forum and documentation guide? Make it publicly available and you can call it what you want, just not MAX.

This is the MAX version, whether you think it or not. At over 30 mods and growing, there is no other better supported loaded Distro of osCommerce out there. It is not only called MAX because of the mods, but also because of the support it gets.

How about putting your money where your mouth is, and help out by updating some of your outdated MS1 mods to MS2-MAX?

unicorncove
01-26-2004, 09:52 PM
No kidding! Where did you get that OSC and how can the rest of us get it?

Anonymous
01-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Very good point guys...
I'd love to get my hands on a copy of osc that has a full plethora of mods already installed and waiting. I had about 60 some-odd mods in the last version that I used, but it was based on the older MS1 and I got tired of trying to keep up with the code changes. So here I am at OSC MS2-MAX and find the support board much more friendly and have gotten some pretty good responses to my problems. I'd have to say that MAX is an appropriate nomenclature for this revision as the amount of work that goes into support, modifications, and maintenance of the actual distribution and support site are FAR BEYOND that which I would expect from a free program.

If I can get my last bug worked out, I will be able and willing to help contribute mods or whatever I can, just because this place is really trying to give everyone an out of the box type of osCommerce with lots of whistles and bells AND help the users get things working. Once I do get my little bug fixed, look out, 'cause you won't be able to think about claiming MAX because of your installed mods.

KUDOS to the folks here at aabox, and I also agree with msasek, let's see your stuff :)

Obewanz
My landspeeder isn't working so I'm using the force...