PDA

View Full Version : Error on local install - testserver

Petter
01-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Just hoping someone might know why I get the following error while running the installscript locally:
Step 1: Yes to both options
Step 2: A test connection made to the database was successful.
Step 3: The following error has occurred: SQL file does not exist: /install/ms2-max.sql

I'm really puzzled here, same thing happened while trying to set up Loaded6 locally :?

I'm running FoxServ3.0 on XP, so I created the db in WinMySQLadmin v1.3. Apache 2.0.39 (win32) PHP 4.2.2

And also: MS2MAX1.5.5

Anyone else had this problem?
Could it be the PHP 4.2.2?

michael_s
01-20-2004, 03:20 PM
It is a windows quirk with the way it sets up paths. Try putting the sql file in the webserver root directory, or the root users dir on the webserver. I recall this happening to me a long time ago when I used foxserv.

jpf
01-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Try putting the file (and only that file) in:
c:\install\

It works. It is a Windows thing/quirk/problem. (Not really FOXSERV.)

You may also skip this step the load the file manually in your mysql admin tool (like phpmyadmin). "Run" this file as a "query" on the blank database to "load" it.

Petter
01-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Thnx, that did it! :mrgreen:

...a long time ago when I used foxserv

Msasek, what do you recommend for local testing? :roll:

jpf
01-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Local Testing suggestions: - Apache, php, MySQL and phpMyAdmin - in my case I loaded each one myself - there are many WAMP install packages for Windows. Note: WAMP=Windows single install combo pack for Apache, MySQL, PHP (some with phpmyadmin and other). But a LAMP (same as WAMP but for Lunix) would be closer to a "real world" server - I DON'T like Windows Server for a production server - too unrealiable. WAMP/LAMP are good for the people who DON'T want to or CAN'T get dirty to figure how to interface it all (some WAMP advertize to install/setup in less than 30 sec). Most are okay - just make sure they have been updated in the last few months - as there is MANY small bug fixes in PHP in the last year.

Good Luck