PDA

View Full Version : Links manager

jbennette
01-19-2004, 10:51 AM
I have been playing with MS2-MAX for about a week now and I like it a lot. I have one question though - I noticed that my database has several tables dedicated to links management but I don't see the contrib in the admin area or the catalog - like I did when I incorporated the links contribution into my OSC site.

What gives? Can I set up links or not? I'd really love to if I can.

I tried simply adding the links contrib from OSC but it does not work very well - lots of modding and then it comes up with access errors - not sure yet why.

Anyway - it's a mystery to me that maybe someone on this forum can help me with.

Thanks,
Joseph

jbennette
01-19-2004, 01:23 PM
It appears that I need a /template/contents/links.tpl.php file for that function as well as a seriously modified links.php file in the catalog folder. I think I'm way over my head here. I really want this function but I can't get it to work nicely with my OSC-MAX templates.

Joseph

jpf
01-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Can you give a link to the EXACT contribution (or atleast the contrib number) you tried to add to MAX.

There is too many "Link" contributions - is it 878, 930, 1181, 1220, 1256, 1322, 1332, or 1491 or ????

More information is needed if you would like some help.

Dumb_Question
01-20-2004, 02:35 PM
I have links mangaer mod working flawlessly with max..make sure you set correct access in admin

jbennette
01-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks - I was unaware that there were more than one links contrib. I have no idea which one I'm using. It doesn't matter much - I just could not get it to work with MAX. I would love to have a links section but I don't know enough about php to create it myself and don't know which mod will make it happen for me.

You seem to have gotten one to work. Could you recommend a contrib for me?

Thanks in advance.

JB

Anonymous
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
sorry....didnt notice your post on time.

here is the link
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256/page,13
hope this helps

Dumb!