PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade MS2-MAX to BTSv1.2

Anonymous
01-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Would anybody be insterested a MS2-MAX upgrade to BTSv1.2? It won't be very difficult I think, and it adds two nice features:

Easy Template Switch (switch templates through admin and/or url)

Easy Infobox Templates installation

Paul

paulM
01-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Oops,

I was logged out somehow?!
Suprises me one can post as a guest.

Anonymous
01-16-2004, 06:20 AM
I would!

Sunman

jpf
01-16-2004, 06:35 AM
It would be on the board already!

paulM
01-16-2004, 12:16 PM
It would be on the board already!Hi jpf,
are you sure? I did not see it anywhere but I am new to this site so.... You know where I could find it?

I probably can do it myself quite easyly but it would be useless if someone already is/has been working on it. If it still has to be done I can help if neccessary, because I made the BTSv1.1 and v1.2 updates myself.

michael_s
01-17-2004, 05:01 PM
paulM,

I just updated MAX to use BTS v1.2a today. I am packaging it up, and it should be avaiable later tomorrow. As with all updates, it will be included in the main archive and also as a separate update package.

Paul, great job with the updates to BTS. It is very powerful, and now much easier to use. I thought it was easy before!

paulM
01-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi msasek,

wow that is really great news :D
Thanks!

By the way the included templates are experimental examples only (except for the osC template), so including those might not be very usefull if you have better ones.

Paul

michael_s
01-18-2004, 07:31 AM
paulM, for now, I am including your sample templates, plus the original MS2-MAX template, which is easy enough to customize, and has some nice graphic shapes...

paulM
01-18-2004, 01:51 PM
I assume the MS2-MAX will be the default then, I only had a quick look at it but it really seems the best choice to me at the moment. :)

note:
There is a small problem with the CSS template, it does not look good in IE5.x (5.0 seems ok though).

And: the CSS template isn't mine, only a small part of it (including the small IE problem maybe :roll: :) ).

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 08:35 AM
I just used the update to 1.2 on a clean install of MS2-MAX and get the following errors...

Warning: main(templates/boxes/box.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/copytodi/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 155

Warning: main(templates/boxes/box.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/copytodi/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 155

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'templates/boxes/box.tpl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/copytodi/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line

any ideas on how to fix this??

Barbara

Anonymous
02-01-2004, 08:40 AM
ok didn't see the configure_pho file - that fixed the problem

thanks
Barbara

michael_s
02-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the update!

cyaneo
02-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi

I just downloaded MS MAX 1.5.5 and the BTS v1.2 Update.

Did these steps:
1. Installed MAX 1.5.5 - all works fine
2. Copied all flies from the BTS v1.2 Update to the catalog directory
3. Updatet the SQL DB with BTS.sql
4. Looked in the admin menu to be sure have set Template switching "true".
5. tried to set all possible templates as default

but in the catalog I only see the aabox themplate wit these error:

Warning: main(templates/boxes/box.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 155

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'templates/boxes/box.tpl.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 155

Whats wrong?

greetings

cyaneo

jonthewebb
02-25-2004, 03:05 PM
the path to the box template is wrong. It should be templates/box.tpl.php, not templates/boxes/box.tpl.php.

Check your categories file, on line 155 it should have this:

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATENAME_BOX);

I suspect yours says something like

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . DIR_WS_BOXES . TEMPLATENAME_BOX);

if it's not that, then your includes/configure.php has an incorrect entry.

hth

jon

cyaneo
02-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks - but that wasnt.

I checked it out, I din't remove the code

//Added for BTS1.0
define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', 'templates/');
define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'content/');
define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');
//End BTS1.0

the /catalog/includes/configure.php file.

Thank you for fast response,

greetings

cyaneo

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Change those lines to:

define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', $tplDir . '/content/');
define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', $tplDir . '/javascript/');
define('DIR_WS_BOX_TEMPLATES', $tplDir . '/boxes/');

Not sure what's difference is, but it looks like a bug in my php version.