PDA

View Full Version : Product Heading customization

Phantomize
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
hey guys, I'm a complete beginner at this but I'm on the verge of completing my customization using BTS and got stuck on the final part. I somehow cannot find a way to customize the titles of the headings of my products. I could do it on the mainpage within the

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to Vitlink'); in my index.php file but it will intrusively add the <font> tag along with all my syntax into the actual title of the window.

here is my site http://vitlink.nzsupremedeer.com/index.php?tplDir=OneTable-fluid&osCsid=877142e95318fbfda9704c144f9185d6 The title listing vitlink deer tail capsules is the one i need to change. Is there a global stylesheet or something which I can change that on?

jpf
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Phantomize: note the reason your link is broken - is because you have a SESSION ID in the url.... This expires after 24 minutes normally.

I would suggest you update to osCMax - which already includes BTS and WYSIWYG editor for categories heading etc...

Even puts you catagory and/or product in the URL so you don't have the issue of SESSION ID in the url - (you should use cookies and MySQL for session id - at least).

I don't see any problem with your site so I don't know was the issue is. Change what to what? Can you post a screen shot of the issue-or what you want to change?

Nearly anything can be changed by style sheets....

Phantomize
01-12-2009, 11:16 PM
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: issuehv4.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=issuehv4.jpg)

the heading that needs to be changed is circled in red.

This is the first time i set out to use OsCommerce I am still learning. all i did was install it from fantastico and went from there. I guess i'll install Oscmax and migrate the database and see what happens. Thanks for your advice.

jpf
01-13-2009, 02:18 AM
If you look at your HTML:

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><h1>Vitlink Deer Blood Capsules</h1></td>

Adding a <h1> to pageHeading in your style sheet might work.