PDA

View Full Version : Book Store - Based on osCMax exist yet?

trochia
11-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Top of the day to all here, I have done a few searches on the forums and I was wondering if anyone has modified osCMax 2.2 as of yet for a book store scenario please?

What I mean by this, is that during the product additon ( or even category for this matter ) it would have to have the ability to add multiple
authors (ie...manufacturer??) to it...and also then be able to search up this also?

Thank's all for taking the time to read this.

Jim

jpf
11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Yes it has been - adding ISBN numbers, Publisher (mfg) and authors etc... to product data is not hard.

trochia
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
JPF, thx for the reply,

I saw the (2) author related tables in the DB, but I am unable to locate anything in the admin section?

Am I just blind? :-)

Jim

jpf
11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
That is for reviews... To add authors for product it adding a single feild - not a table.

See:
Add UPC numbers, SKUs, ISBN/ISSN, etc (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/126)
or
Add New Product Fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2779)

trochia
11-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Thx again for the reply... Yes, it seems like that is what it was looking like it so for. Thx for the help!!

The "gray" area I am running up against in this is for the fact that the
books will have the Same manufacturer, yet could and will have multiple
authors in which written by.

So I would need to be able able to "tie" 2 authors to it, as I do not think
(without duplicate entry and inventory) in which {table} products > products_id would be an identical entry, but it would have to contain a multiple in manufacturers_id field.

I understand that it is presently not set up that way, but such an entry is a real world situation.

Is there anything like the above available that you have seen? My only work around I can think of is to create an external "add product" module that can do this, but then the quantity would not reflect proper, as actually there is only one book, but by (2) unique Manufaturers ( if I used manufacturer for "author" instead of let's say "Joes Publishing Company"

It would be also like having a Movie or Music where dual artists or actors would need to be entered.

I know that you have been around osc/osCMax longer that I, and that is why I ask.

Thx again, for the replies...

Jim

Jim