PDA

View Full Version : won't add to cart if product has options...

starchild
12-04-2002, 04:15 AM
Hi,

It seems as though the only products that will add to my cart are those without any options at all. How do you get products with options to add to the cart? Even if you click on buy now - it just goes to the product description page.

Also, is there a way in which you can have the "buy now" button appear (and work!) on the product description page, as opposed to just on the product listing page? (I'm using the 22/11 snapshot BTW).

Thanks, Tim :D

ps - love your work! you're all legends as far as I/m concerned

modom
12-04-2002, 08:36 AM
Hi,

Did you set the product up in the attribute section of the admin?

Do you have a url we can look at?

starchild
12-05-2002, 02:23 AM
Hi Melinda,

Originally i began setting up my products manually in PhpMyAdmin - before i realised you could do it via the admin section! :oops: Doh! Any way, once I worked that out, i did the rest of the options/attributes via the admin/index console. The options are there - they appear on the screen - it's just the "buy now" .gif doesn't.

Thanks Melinda,
gratefully, Tim - oh, the url is www.byronattitude.com/catalog/default.php
:D

michael_s
12-05-2002, 08:24 AM
The problem looks like product_info.php is not adding to the cart. Check to make sure you didnt break something.

If you use the "buy now" button from the product listing page, everything works fine. This looks like you did something when modding the site. Upload the original file product_info.php and see if that fixes the problem.

starchild
12-06-2002, 03:15 AM
hi all,

i ended up reinstalling the latest snapshot :? - still uploading so i'll wait and see how that goes - should be guaranteed to fix it, wouldn't you say? :!: geez, i hope so - doing my head in!

just a quickie - you know after you install and it comes up with the "sessions warning" saying they won't work until /tmp is installed............... well, where exactly is it meant to be installed - and is it tmp or temp?

cheers folks,

tim :)

michael_s
12-06-2002, 05:57 AM
For the tmp dir:

http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic& t=162&highlight=tmp