PDA

View Full Version : FedEx automatically adds 1 pound to calculation

the_error_king
10-17-2008, 04:22 AM
I have a situation where the fedex shipping module seems to default to 1 lb. for the shipping calculation.

For instance, if there's a product in the cart that doesn't have a weight entered ($0.00) then the fedex module still calculates the shipping as if it were 1 pound.

If I have a product in the cart that is 6 pounds, it calculates as 7 lbs.

Any ideas as to what is going on or how to prevent this?

michael_s
10-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Search... asked and answered more than once in the forums:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-features-discussion/15552-cart-adding-1-pound-weight.html

the_error_king
10-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Interesting, I couldn't find the answer with dozens of searches on the forum, perhaps because I was entering fedex in the search string.

Regardless, there's still an issue.... (not sure if it is related or not) now, when there is more than 1 of the same item in the cart, it seems to be adding a little extra weight.

For instance, if I have 2 items with a weight of 6 pounds in the cart, the fedex module says: Federal Express (1 x 13.2 lbs)

It should just be straight up 12 1bs.

Any ideas.

Thanks!

michael_s
10-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I just searched the obvious term: "extra pound"
Here are the search results from that term:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/search.php?searchid=69625

Remember this mantra: General to Specific and you will set your searches free, grasshopper.

See, if you start with a general search, you will get an inclusive list of results that will most likely have something related to your problem. Then you can narrow it from there. Fortunately with the above term, I got the that thread result in less than a minute, the second search result.

There are great tutorials on how to properly search if you are having problems...oh, but you will probably not be able to find those either. ;)

Oh, and I also believe the issue you are now having has also been discussed several times as well... time to practice those new found skills!

the_error_king
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Sounds good, I'll try to stick with more simple searches.... definitely don't want to hassle you anymore than I have to!

How about this part:

now, when there is more than 1 of the same item in the cart, it seems to be adding a little extra weight.

For instance, if I have 2 items with a weight of 6 pounds in the cart, the fedex module says: Federal Express (1 x 13.2 lbs)

It should just be straight up 12 1bs.

the_error_king
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Actually, I just found the answer - it was adding 10% for "larger packages"

Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Larger packages - percentage increase.

I changed it from 10 to 0 and now it is correct. The question would be though, how is the system determining what is a larger package and not?

Thanks

michael_s
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
If tare weight is equal to or greater than 10% of item weight,
shipping weight = item weight + tare weight.

If tare weight is less than 10% of item weight,
shipping weight = item weight + 10% of item weight (as set in the Larger Packages - Percentage Increase)

the_error_king
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the explanation! Interesting.